Bitcoin, blockchain, crypto and digital currency and how to share this generational opportunity with the people and businesses in Nottingham.
Although there are no physical meetups planned for the time being you can connect right now with the Bitcoin Nottingham Telegram group at https://t.me/bitcoin_nottingham to start learning about the huge opportunities offered by digital currencies like Bitcoin.
The Bitcoin Nottingham group is a physical community of people who are actively involved in the cutting edge of the crytpo space all day every day. We're about everything Bitcoin, blockchain and crypto, digital currency and the exciting and controversial De-Fi space. Connect with us as we grow the group both locally here in Nottingham, and spanning the entire globe through our ever expanding network of friends, colleagues and collaborators in this exciting new space!
Learning to accept as payment and trade in digital currencies can enable new revenue streams and cost savings like never before. Join us as we look to discover what is required to legally operate within these new eco systems, some of which are totally divorced from the current economic and monetary engines.
As we rebuild our world post Coronavirus epidemic it is even more important to have the freedom of complete economic autonomy, so that every single person is free to trade with any other person anywhere on the planet.
If you want to learn more about Bitcoin, blockchain & crypto then join this group and start connecting with other like minded people around the subject of digital currencies and what it means for us here in Nottingham.
The purpose of the group
• To enable access to and increase the inflow of this new crypto revenue into the hands of people in our city!
• Provide an access point for Bitcoin, blockchain, crypto and digital currency learning resources
• Reassure the people of Nottingham there is physical support for this technology locally for you to learn how to safely acquire Bitcoin
• Help you learn how to convert from digital money back into 'fiat' money (That's £'s and pence to us!)
• Help people start thinking about Bitcoin and businesses. Explore what you could do next
• Grow the group by connecting with other Bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts who want to collaborate on meaningful projects with social benefits to Nottingham
• Help to explore commercial and career opportunities in Bitcoin, blockchain, crypto and digital currencies
• Reveal the huge social, ethical, community & governance opportunities offered by public blockchain networks
Please feel free to join the Telegram group and you will be able to engage right away with Nottingham's leading crypto activists(me & Jim!), enthusiasts(most of the others) and crypto-curious(you?)
In short, everything Bitcoin, crypto and blockchain is up for discussion and this Meetup group is THE starting point for all your enquiries on the subject. If you live in or around Nottingham then right NOW is the time to start understanding what bitcoin is all about!
There has never been a better opportunity to learn something new and have it make a major impact on your life and the life of those around you, in your family, community and city.
In the new post COVID-19 rebooted world we are all reevaluating the true value of everything and its 'true' cost or benefit in our lives. To that point, learning how to operate an account on a blockchain network like Bitcoin could be a key skill required for our futures, and it could be a valuable lifeline for you or someone you love one day.
Creating a Bitcoin account is not really more complicated than creating an email address, there are those weird settings you need to take care you note down, and the complexity of sending and receiving money could be compared to that of sending and receiving emails, you soon pick it up.
. Here are the 3 basics of Bitcoin and blockchain which are the key concepts to understand and share.
1. Bitcoin is not owned or operated by any one person, corporation, organisation or government so it cannot be changed or shut down by failure or disruption in a single place, much like the internet and email.
2. Creating a Bitcoin account does not require you to reveal any personal information at all, and you never have to reveal your password, even when you are creating an account, you will be the only person who ever gets to see the private key (which is like the password).
3. Bitcoin is like digital gold, but even more scarce. Over 85% of the total 21 Million Bitcoin have already been earned, rising to 95% by 2030. An estimated 2-6 million Bitcoin are lost, nobody will ever be able to buy, further reducing the available supply. In May 2020 the daily supply of new Bitcoin dropped again by 50%. Bitcoin is so rare, the 30M+ millionaires can't even own just 1 each! A Bitcoin is one of the rarest things in the world and it is getting rarer as more and more people learn about it.
4. You do not have to get a whole Bitcoin. In the same way you do not always have a whole £1 or $1 because we have pennies and cents, in 1 Bitcoin the units are called satoshis. If 1 Bitcoin costs $10,000 then 1 cent would buy you 0.00000100BTC or '100 sats'
Let's just dive right in now you have read this far! So who can understand that scary looking number?
You can! Learn to read Bitcoin by creating a simple reference point from a value of $10,000 by using the simple method below to demystified it in 30 seconds.
If you write or imagine any Bitcoin price (indicated by BTC) as shown below, you can work out an approx value in $ for any BTC amount i.e.
If 1.00000000BTC is $10,000 then with a bit of practice you can start seeing 0.01946293BTC as $194.62or
2.98765445BTC as £29,876.54 or
0.00006000 as 60c
In my head I do it like this 0.00006000 becomes
0 . 0000 | 6000
and that first chunk of zeros after the decimal place are thousands so 0 . 1000 | 0000 is $1000 the second chunk of zeros are the cents and anything less than 0 . 0000 0100 is less than 1 cent.
If you can lock this in around 10,000 price then with a bit more practice you can adjust your estimates as the dollar price of Bitcoin goes up and down, or maybe I am just a super nerd and spend too much time thinking about this kind of stuff and looking for patterns.
Hopefully that has got your interest up and you will continue to learn about Bitcoin.
Here are some more of our go to resources for self starters and fast track types! Some of these links might pay us a small bonus if you use them. You do not have to use them of course, but as they say, it does help support the group if you use them, and of course we will appreciate the gesture if you want to reciprocate for the work we do to bring this information to you:-)
Thanks to our founding member Roger for creating these handy redirect links to help you get through to these known resources
Buy Bitcoin on Coinbase via this handy redirect https://bitcoin.rog.org (The 'John Lewis' of buying Bitcoin but fees are higher than on some other platforms)
Buy Bitcoin on Wirex via this redirect https://wirex.rog.org (The 'Argos' of buying Bitcoin, fees are minimum but sometimes you takes your chances and might need to give it a bit of help using the ticket system if it get's stuck!)
Safely learn about accounts and keys with the ACORNs digital currency that you can get for free if your squirrel can solve all six challenges and unlock the daily supply from the smart contract! To start learning right now go to https://www.ACORNs.fun
Bitcoin Nottingham is funded wholly by contributions from Advanta Productions and indirectly by revenues from the Telos network https://www.telos.net To learn more about how you could access grant funding for your business from these new eco systems please connect with us commercially via https://advanta.pro ;
Other easier to share links that also point here are below
Remember this is not financial or investment advice, or advice of any form, for educational and entertainment purposes only, do your own research, never invest more than you can afford to lose, always keep your private keys secret and do not store them on the internet or on any Internet connected devices.