What we're about
The Longest-Running Monthly Bitcoin and Blockchain Conference in the Netherlands --
-- is held in Amsterdam on the first Wednesday of the month.
Bitcoin Wednesday's next conference (https://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/236813960/) will take place on 6 December 2017.
Check the complete lineup (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-54/) up at BitcoinWednesday.com (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/) for more details.
A limited number of advance tickets will go on sale soon. Please RSVP as early as possible (https://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/236813960/)if you plan to attend.
Our last event (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-53/) was held on 1 November 2017 at the Blue Note Concert Hall in the Amsterdam Conservatorium. It featured presentations from:
• Christian Decker (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/lightning-network-christian-decker-blockstream/) of Blockstream, one of the world's authorities on Bitcoin's Lightning Network.
• Stéphane Ifrah (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/stephane-ifrah-napoleonx-quant-crypto/) and Arnaud Dartois (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/Arnaud-Dartois-NapoleonX-proof-of-performance/), co-founders of Napoleon X, an algorithmic trading company specialized in cryptocurrencies.
• Alan R. Mulligan (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/alan-r-milligan-white-rabbit/), CEO of White Rabbit, a cryptocurrency-powered streaming video service.
• Fraser Brown (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/smart-contracts-social-good-fraser-brown-act/), Chairman of the ACT Foundation of Zug, Switzerland, where he is responsible for the development of an Ethereum-based decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) to support social causes.
• Doutje Lettinga (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/surveillance-state-doutje-lettinga-amnesty-international/), Senior Policy Officer for human rights, surveillance and counter-terrorism at Amnesty International in The Netherlands.
• Nina Boelsums and Luca van der Kamp (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/nina-boelsums-luca-van-der-kamp-of-sleepwet-nl/), two of the student activists who organized the successful Sleepwet.nl (https://sleepwet.nl/) campaign for a national referendum against the
• Peter Koop (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/the-sleepwet-peter-koop-electrospaces/), a writer specialized in covering surveillance legislation, including the new government surveillance law scheduled to go into effect in The Netherlands in 2018.
Frans Kempen (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/frans-kempen/) was the evening's Session Chair.
An impression from Amsterdam's CoinFest 2016 (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-34/):
Coming on 6 December, 2017: The 54th edition (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-54/) of Bitcoin Wednesday.
Bitcoin Wednesday is Nederlands' maandelijkse conferentie voor zowel beginners als gevorderden.
Bitcoin Wednesday is a regular conference dedicated to the digital currency revolution that is always held in Amsterdam on the first Wednesday of every month.
It is organized by and for the Dutch community by some of the Bitcoin pioneers of the Netherlands and is the longest continuously running monthly event of its kind.
There is something for everyone at Bitcoin Wednesday. Whether you're an expert or just getting started, these meetings are for you.
The first Bitcoin Wednesday was held on 3 July 2013 by a few of The Netherlands' earliest Bitcoin pioneers.
Some of the many subjects discussed:
Getting Started, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, DAO, smart contracts, Litecoin, Ripple, NXT, Stellar, Counterparty, Zcash, Zcoin, Dash, Lisk, Etherparty, Blockstream, IOTA, Monero, Open Bazaar, Credits, Dogecoin, MaidSafe, Zerocoin, Mining, Trading, Omni, Namecoin, Bitshares, OpenCoin, Peercoin, Primecoin, Bitcoin wallets like Airbitz, Breadwallet and Mycelium, Bitmessage, Bitmask, BitCloud, Bitcoinproof and much more.