Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam
Our next conference will present...
Cosmos: The Network of Blockchains
Jae Kwon (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/jae-kwon-presents-cosmos-tendermint/) is CEO and creator of the Tendermint consensus engine as well as the Cosmos Network, which will release its native staking tokens, called atoms, at the beginning of 2017. The Tendermint / Cosmos solution won the prize for most innovative solution at the Blockchain Summit's Demo Day held in Shanghai on 22 September 2016.
Review of the Month
Justin Tran (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/justin-tran-of-world-coin-index/) is a co-founder of World Coin Index, a site for blockchain market data resources , live streaming price information and the latest news updates for over 400 listed cryptocurrencies.
Token Distribution: Lessons Learned
Dave Pearce (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-david-pearce-board-member-nxt-foundation/) is a board member of the NXT Foundation which promotes the use of both Nxt and Ardor around the world. The tokens currently represent market caps of about $6.5 and $11.6 million, respectively.
The Blockchain and UX in Accomodation Sharing
Indrė Leonavičiūtė (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/indre-leonaviciute-talks-about-ux-blockchain/) is a user experience designer with a Master’s diploma in Information Studies and Human-Centered Multimedia from the University of Amsterdam. She recently completed a research project with the Waag Society Institute for Arts, Science and Technology on a blockchain-based accomodation sharing alternative to AirBnB.
The complete lineup will be announced as soon as possible. Or check here (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-41/) for more details about the program as soon as they become available.
Walk in from 17.00 on, including drinks, food and networking. Only cash or Bitcoin. Pin is across the street.
Pre-conference reception from 17.00 - 19.00.
The conference itself kicks into gear at 19.00.
Entrance and seating is first come, first served.
Meeting of the Blockchain Educational Network open to students, faculty and researchers. See below about free admission for students with a valid student ID.
TQ Amsterdam is a tech hub founded by The Next Web and Google. You can find it in the Flower Market across the street from the Munt Tor.
TQ bills itself as "a curated tech space". They help tech startups reach exponential growth by providing them with the right talent, tools and training.
Tickets are limited. Please follow the instructions in this section carefully.
* Go on sale starting after midnight tonight on Tuesday, 2 November.
* 10,- with either Bitcoin or euro at the door.
* Send a blank mail to tickets AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com and follow the instructions carefully for an advance ticket.
An advance ticket guarantees you a seat.
* Student tickets are available free with a valid student ID while supplies last. Only between 17:00 and 17:45 to make sure you have a place.
* Free tickets are also available to the first 30 people who registered. It pays to RSVP early.
* You can only pick up free tickets between 17:00 and 17:45 to make sure you have a place.
* Please be on time. If you check in anytime after 17:45, you will have to buy a ticket.
To Order Tickets
* Advance tickets are available with Bitcoin only.
* Advance tickets save money and guarantee you a seat.
* To get them, send a mail to Tickets AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com and follow the instructions carefully.
* Entrance and seating is first come, first served. Please arrive early.
* If you use Bitcoin, your ticket is your transaction ID plus your Meetup user name and E-mail address.
* No refunds. Your order is a non-refundable contribution to the non-profit Bitcoin Foundation of The Netherlands and goes 100% toward producing more events like these.
* No exceptions.
* Not yet. If and when we do, we'll post it here first.
Bitcoin Wednesday / Blockchain Wednesday
One of the best and longest-running regular Bitcoin and Blockchain conferences in the Netherlands.
Always held on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and informal program for anyone interested in digital currency and the blockchain.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike. Beginners, investors, entrepreneurs, developers, miners, traders, legal professionals -- all find value in this event.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to promote the industry, to spread the word about Bitcoin (and related technology) in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.
Program is subject to change. For personal reasons Arno Laeven's presentation has been postponed until a future date, and Dave Pearce will make the presentation on token distribution without Bas Wisselink.