Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam launches the 2017 season with its 4th annual New Year's Reception.
It will be held at Rockstart Ballroom, 182 Herengracht in Amsterdam, just a block away from Dam Square.
Festivities begin at 18:00 and the presentations get rolling at 19:00
Of course we will celebrate Bitcoin's remarkable bull run of 2016.
Whether we're due for another crash or just on the way to 2000 eur per bitcoin, doesn't matter. It's all about the technology. The world's first, most proven and most successful blockchain is still alive.
The evening will also include:
Monero: Why Transactional Privacy Matters
The South African Riccardo Spagni (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-riccardo-spagni-of-monero/) who is lead maintainer and core developer of Monero will be back for an update on what's now the world's most popular anonymous digital currency. When Riccardo was here in June, Monero had a market cap of $11 million. It is now one of 2016's best-performing cryptocurrencies, worth more than $176 million.
Bitcoin from 2008 to Today:
What's Driving Its Growth and How It Recovered From the Bitfinex Hack
Simon Dixon (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-simon-dixon-of-bnk-to-the-future/), CEO of the UK-based online investment platform Bnk to the Future. Simon has given presentations for the House of Lords, House of Commons, Bank of England, BNP Paribas, Bloomberg, Oxford, Cambridge and the London School of Economics.
Tickets are limited. Please follow the instructions in this section carefully.
Sale of Early Bird and Regular Admission Tickets has already concluded.
Last Minute Tickets
* 10, starting on 4 January 2017. We accept bitcoins in advance or bitcoins or euro at the door.
* Send a blank mail to tickets AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com to get our Bitcoin address.
This year's reception will be old school:
We will give away FREE TICKETS to whoever asks for them. You must also RSVP here.
* These are just suggested amounts to help us keep producing Bitcoin Wednesday. Feel free to donate whatever amounts you like.
* No refunds. Your order is a non-refundable contribution to the non-profit Bitcoin Foundation of The Netherlands and goes 100% toward producing more events like these.
* Entrance and seating is first come, first served. Please arrive early.
* Not yet. If and when we do, we'll post it here first.
* Buying a ticket in advance guarantees you a place.
One of the best and longest-running regular Bitcoin and Blockchain conferences in the Netherlands.
Always held on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and informal program for anyone interested in digital currency and the blockchain.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike. Beginners, investors, entrepreneurs, developers, miners, traders, legal professionals -- all find value in this event.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to promote the industry, to spread the word about Bitcoin (and related technology) in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.