What we're about
We're here to put black images in film back on the map. Tired of the same old maintream excuses such as “Black film has too limited an audience” or “there’s not enough depth in Black film”. BCC will try and serve up to the diverse people that we are, movies that tell stories that reflect us and our imaginations. BCC's aims are multifold
1. To assist in cultivating a committed and consistent movement in support of narratives and images that reflect the entire spectrum of the African experience
2. To provide consistent big screen outlets for new & classic black film/documentary
3. To provide a forum for film/documentary lovers wishing to have that shared group experience of watching black images, on the big screen.
4. To foster dialogue through intellectual analysis of a films subject matter, narative, production, artistry etc. From glossy romance to controversial, it's a great oportunity to have a group discussion.
5. A chance to meet someone new that may further add to your rich circle of friends. This club is yours and every member is invited to recommend a film or documentary for the group to experience. So please don’t be shy in coming forward. It doesn’t end there. We’ll also ensure there’s plenty of good music to cap off the experience. So join us at each screening and say hi to someone new.