We're here to put black images in film back on the map. Tired of the same old maintream excuses such as “Black film has too limited an audience” or “there’s not enough depth in Black film”. BCC will try and serve up to the diverse people that we are, movies that tell stories that reflect us and our imaginations. BCC's aims are multifold
1. To assist in cultivating a committed and consistent movement in support of narratives and images that reflect the entire spectrum of the African experience
2. To provide consistent big screen outlets for new & classic black film/documentary
3. To provide a forum for film/documentary lovers wishing to have that shared group experience of watching black images, on the big screen.
4. To foster dialogue through intellectual analysis of a films subject matter, narative, production, artistry etc. From glossy romance to controversial, it's a great oportunity to have a group discussion.
5. A chance to meet someone new that may further add to your rich circle of friends. This club is yours and every member is invited to recommend a film or documentary for the group to experience. So please don’t be shy in coming forward. It doesn’t end there. We’ll also ensure there’s plenty of good music to cap off the experience. So join us at each screening and say hi to someone new.
MEETUP LOCATIONS: As far as practical we will organise screenings at venues no more than a 10 minute walk from public transport links.
RSVP Policy As a mark of mutual respect to other members and ourselves as organisers you are expected to attend when you RSVP 'Yes'. If for any reason you cannot attend please be courteous to the group and host by updating your RSVP no less than 24hrs before the screening to say 'No'.
If you mark RSVP as 'Yes' but fail to attend without cancelling 24hrs before screening, it will be noted and kept on your club record.
Termination of club membership will occur in the following instances. A. More than one 'no show' per month. B. Two consecutive 'No Shows' C. Four 'No Shows' in a year We do pride ourselves on our retention rate, however it becomes very frustrating both as organisers and members hoping to meet others who've signed up to attend. As a result we're having to manage time-wasting.
PROFILE PICTURE: Members must have a clear photo of themselves posted to join and participate, failure to do so will result in you being declined.
DISCLAIMER: This group and respective organisers assume NO RESPONSIBILITY, including but not limited to injury or loss of any kind/form due to the use of information, or participating in activities found on this group/site.