What we're about
Black & Silver: The Real Senior Girlfriends of RDU is an organization that allows African-American women who are 55 years and older to connect. As we gracefully grow older, it is indeed a time for reflection, thankfulness, and an opportunity to build new friendships. Although all of our journeys are unique and the soles of our shoes are all worn differently, our commonalities are plastered together with laughter, tears and love!
Black & Silver Senior Girlfriends meetups are social and networking activities that are exclusive to us and our friends. They are created around members’ interests and with purpose, but always with the expectation of being ourselves, letting our hair down, and having fun.
To that end, the goals of the group are designed for older black women to actively embrace our remaining years, whether we are in our Fabulous 50's, Sexy 60's, or Sophisticated 70's, by:
1. Supporting each other in becoming healthy or maintaining an already healthy lifestyle.
2. Motivating and uplifting each other in the spirit of sisterhood in every facet of life.
3. Acting as role models for young black women by offering them the many lessons learned from our life experiences.
4. Giving back to our community through volunteerism.
5. Socializing and engaging in activities and outings that promote overall spiritual, mental and physical well-being, including but not limited to: dinner, dancing, museums, movies, festivals, shows, and travel.
6. Discussing books, movies, and/or current issues while having fun, making friends, and stimulating thought.
7. Promoting networking with other women or professionals.
So…if all of the above describes you, and you are willing to step out of your comfort zone and be a bold, daring, sophisticated Black and Silver, then please join us!