We invite you to a free Blockchain workshop. We want to offer the community an ability to learn how to work with Ethereum blockchain, and specifically with Smart Contracts in connection with web application written in Ruby on Rails.
During the workshop, we will take you through the process of designing and implementing a smart contract as well as integrating it with a Rails app using Ethereum.rb and Eth gems.
# How to apply?
Since we have a hard limit places and we need to be in touch to let you know the prerequisites, we need to manage the attendees list separately from the meetup. Please fill in the form below in order request the workshop spot:
# Who is it for?
We’d love to offer this training to everyone, but it may be problematic to follow the content for people who aren’t comfortable with Ruby on Rails framework. Blockchain knowledge is not mandatory but will be super helpful if you really want to learn as much as possible.
# What will you learn?
The plan is to work off a boilerplate Ruby on Rails application that has all the needed dependencies already included and focus on the creation of a Smart Contract, including tests.
Having that we will go through the steps how to deploy it to the chain and how to interact with it from Ruby code.
Finally, if time allows, we will cover the basic security considerations and techniques.
What do you need to do prior to the workshop?
Since we’d like to keep the workshop to under 3hrs, we’ll email you the instructions what you should have installed and working on your laptop.
# Important to know:
* We will close the registration form no later than in the morning Friday, April 13th.
* We will email you if we can accommodate you in the workshop after closing the registration.
* If you are selected take one of the spots, we will also email you the list of software you need to have installed prior to the meeting.
* At this time, please let us know if for any reasons you can’t join us - we’d like to offer your spot to someone else.
* You can always contact us if you run into issues with the setup.