Fellow Bitcoin & blockchain enthusiasts, we would like to invite you to our next meetup with cryptography and cryptocurrency legends David Chaum and Dr Adam Back!
• Adam Back will speak about Simplicity, a smart contract programming language for Bitcoin and other UTXO blockchains (https://github.com/ElementsProject/simplicity).
Adam is the CEO of Blockstream (https://blockstream.com), a company that actively contributes to Bitcoin & Lightning development, runs the Bitcoin satellite service, offers enterprise-class mining facilities and develops Liquid side chain services. Adam is also the inventor of Hashcash, the Proof of Work mechanism used by Bitcoin and cited by Satoshi Nakamoto in the Bitcoin Whitepaper. Adam's Wikipedia page is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Back
• David Chaum will talk to us about Praxxis (https://praxxis.io), the quantum-resistant digital currency.
David (https://www.chaum.com) wrote the papers on anonymous communications and electronic cash in the 80s that inspired the entire Cypherpunks movement. David was the CEO of Digicash e-cash, the first anonymous electronic cash that predated Bitcoin by 25 years. He is the founder of the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR). He is also the creator of Elixxir (https://elixxir.io), a privacy-protecting mix network that can support messaging, payments and dApps. David's Wikipedia page is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chaum
• Matthias Tarasiewicz is the director of RIAT, the Institute for Future Cryptoeconomics (https://riat.at) in Vienna, a board member of the Open Source Hardware Association (https://www.oshwa.org) and a Monero meetup organizer in Vienna.
• The presentations will be in English and the event is free and open to all.
• Join our community Slack (online chat) at https://bitcoingreece.herokuapp.com
• You can find information on how to buy, sell, spend and accept Bitcoin in Greece at https://WeAcceptBitcoin.gr