What we're about
Who we are:
A friendly Ultimate Frisbee group. We welcome beginners, journeymen, veterans. If you've never played before, we're the perfect place to learn the sport. We appreciate any opportunity to introduce the game to anyone new.
There's no cost to join and we're nice people who take water breaks! This group has been playing since 2009 before we created this Meetup. Regardless of the number of RSVPs, we always have a good turnout.
We're a casual but dedicated group of players. We play all year long in every kind of weather. However, the venue may change depending on the field conditions so check the Meetup the morning of for the latest update.
How we play:
* If you don't know how to play, we'll teach you the rules and basics.
* We play Ultimate with a backyard family atmosphere. We won't stall count or run set offenses/defenses.
* We aim for easy going gameplay so you won't be given (or giving!) commands on how to run or where to play. Nobody wants to be told what to do.
* We emphasize good teamwork and sharing the disc with everyone.
* We love friendly competition. However, We require that everyone plays safely and display good sportsmanship. If you repeatedly disregard those two rules, then you will be asked to find a different group to join.
What to bring:
* If possible bring a white and dark shirt. We will occasionally ask players to switch teams if they seem unbalanced.
* We recommend you bring plenty of water and sunscreen.