What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
Games day at the Richmond Place club.
Room hire has been paid for by a grant by the Prime Foundation so we are very happy to announce this is a fully physically accessible venue!
All welcome no experience needed! We have an amazing library of games and friendly games teachers!
Free entry and you can borrow a game from our games library too to take home. Please donate to Hereford Mind if you have a good time.
This is a full 12 hour of gaming for free! A perfect chance to try some new games or arrange to play some of your favourites.
We are in the Skittle Alley, Drinks are available but no onsite food. We are investigating some free rereshments so watch this space.
If you have any questions or we can make any accommodations for you please let us know.
Lots more info here www.herefordshireboardgamers.co.uk including details on the venue including photographs and what a games night is like
Status: Once Monthly
What: In person games night, with games library and friendly teachers
Who is the organiser (how do they contact you): Adam or one of the team, Contact via messenger or email
Where: 69-71 Edgar St, Hereford HR4 9J
When: Sunday 5th December 10:30 to 10:30
Age suitability: Children welcome
Parking: Limited onsite free parking, lots of parking nearby
Equipment required: None
Skills / knowledge required: None
Warnings / risks: None
Afternoon Play is a monthly friendly casual board game meet up. Drop by and join in, or feel free to bring bring board games, card games, dice games, or anything else you think you could play in a café. There’s no entry fee. Newcomers are most welcome, and rules will always be explained. Bring friends, or make new ones.
We’re excited to be back at our new venue! We’ll be upstairs at Tilt, in City Arcade, just off Corporation Street in central Birmingham.
Online Boardgame Evening
Another opportunity to play boardgames and cardgames online with other group members. There are no hosts, you pre-contact each other. Please read both 'GENERAL INFORMATION' and 'EVENT SPECIFIC INFORMATION' below, thank you!
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Meet virtually during social distancing, and beyond, each Monday 6pm-10pm. We play using "Boardgamearena.com" and via other recognized websites. RSVP here, get yourself a free account, and then add yourself to our online group. Play with other members who are available.
Once established, you can optionally upgrade yourself to a premium account for a nominal fee of around £2 per month, which gives you access to even more games and features.
Join text communications within our group page at 6pm, with the option of a voice call within Facebook Messenger which remains open until everyone is finished, and is useful for rules explanations.
Some people have account names which differ to their meetup.com profiles, so please ensure you are identifiable to other members by also providing you real and meetup names.
1. Get yourself a free account with boardgamearena.com 24+ hours in advance in order that your chat facilities are activated
2. Go to "Community" and choose to join "Birmingham Central Boardgaming" (scan down to bottom right) or use link https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=3866947
3. Get familiar with the website, click on your profile icon to see notifications, update preferences etc. Also familiarize with any games you'd like to play, via "Games". Also ensure you have access to FBM.
4. Logon in advance of 6pm on the night, and contact others attending, who will be marked as being online on our group page. Please note that we are unable to monitor meetup.com during events
2. EVENT SPECIFIC INFORMATION
From Early 2020 to Spring 2021 we ran general online club nights playing multiple games, where members joined freely when able. However with attentions now diverted to resuming normal gaming later this summer, our online club nights have taken a new direction.
Participation is based on a fixed number of members meeting at an agreed time to play a pre-agreed game or games. If time allows, players may spontaneously play other games afterwards of course.
1. When placing an RSVP, you should also state clearly in the comments section what game (or choice of games) you might like to play.
2. Also state number of players, and start time (if later than 6pm).
3. If flexible, or willing to host/teach, say so, more people may respond. But if you RSVP without follow-up or suggesting what to play, you may be ignored unfortunately.
4. Ensure you swap online usernames or whatever enables you to find each other easily at the event start time. If anyone needs rules explained first, allow 30 mins before starting the game, and let everyone know.
5. Once there are enough/maximum players, please indicate so that others know they will need to join/create another game table.
6. Our regular event hosts may join your games (and even help with rules) by prearrangement or offer if available. But we will only attend games where we have indicated among the comments.