What we're about
Boardgame Monkeys is a meetup group for BOARDGAMERS and ROLEPLAYERS in Brussels.
All of our events are conducted in English. We are open to players of all skill levels, so whether you are an experienced gamer or just interested in finding more about the hobby, come and join us. Please note that this group is for people interested in modern boardgames and generally does not cater to players of traditional games such as Chess, Go etc.
BGM hosts two kinds of events:
- Join and Play!/No Work All Play!: Anybody can come and join a large group of gamers for a game. These sessions take place on the first and third Wednesday of the month. Join the event and indicate in the comments what table you would like to join.
- Afterwork/Weekend Sessions: Individual game tables hosted by our event organisers any day of the week. Just join the event and you are good to go.
Once you are a member of the group, you are free to join either type of event. Please always RSVP before attending. Over time, you might become interested in hosting tables yourself. If that is the case, you might qualify for organizer status after a while.
If you have any questions about how anything in the group works, contact our Membership Manager, Gianluca. If you would like to a host table yourself, after having played a few times with us, please also get in touch with him and he can set up events for you.
Lastly, if you have any complaints or concern, get in touch with the BGM President, Oliver.
Please note the following rules:
- We have more than 20 Event Organizers who are hosting regular tables to share their passion. Respect their time, energy and explanations. Be on time for your session!
- We bring our personal games with us or borrow one from a games library. If you damage a game or component during a session, please note that you are expected to pay on the spot the store price or Kickstarter price of the full game and take the damaged game home.
- We play at the Outpost Brussels (our main sponsor) and we expect that you will order drink and/or food to support them and us in return. It is only fair as you will play for free with our group.
- No-shows are frowned upon and may lead to your removal from the group if no adequate reason is provided. Especially for Afterwork Sessions, one person not showing up might spoil the game for everybody!
- Late-cancellations (= cancelling less than 24 hours before the event) can also lead to removal from the group if it occurs repeatedly, as it will often be hard to find a replacement at short notice.
-Please don’t block the messaging function on Meetup. Your table hosts may need to get in touch with you.