Join NSEG (Northern Suburbs Eurogamers) for an afternoon of board and card games of every style at the Stolberg Beer Café in Preston (corner of Bell St and Plenty Rd).
We’ll be playing in one of the function rooms, ask at the bar if you can't spot us and they’ll be able to point us out.
What sort of games do we play? We have:
* Games for beginners (which we call gateway games) like Ticket To Ride, Carcassonne, Splendour, Small World and King of Tokyo.
* Strategy (Euro) games like Power Grid, Lords of Waterdeep, Village, Imperial and Suburbia.
* Thematic games (that involve lots of dice and role play) like Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dead of Winter.
* Party Games (quick and easy games) like Resistance, Spyfall and Time’s Up.
* Card Games like Love Letter, Uno, Fluxx, Bohanza, Red7, Munchkin.
* And much much more! And if you love a game, bring it along and show us… maybe we’ve never heard of it and will love it too! We do a rules explanation before each game (unless everyone has played it before) so don’t worry if you’ve never played (or heard) of any of these games… we welcome new players!
Cost: A $3 donation is requested towards the costs of running the event. If you can't spare it, please come anyway - we would rather have as many players as possible. Have you considered taking a membership in Melbourne Meeples? Members do not have to pay for any of our events (including Meeplecon), and get discounts at participating retailers. Speak to any committee member for more details.
The Stolberg’s kitchen has all the pub classics and tasty little bites… check out the menu here http://www.stolberg.com.au/stolberg-beer-cafe-dinner-menu/
Plus there’s $10 Pizzas ($5 for students!)... check out the varieties here http://www.stolberg.com.au/stolberg-beer-cafe-pizza-menu/
The Stolberg has a fully stocked bar and a wonderful espresso machine.
The Stolberg Beer Cafe is located at 197 Plenty Rd, Preston (on the corner of Bell St).
How to get there: By Car: If you’re driving there is a small carpark next door (on the Bell St side).
By Tram: you can jump on the 86 and get off near the corner of Bell and Plenty (Stop #46) [Details at: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/route/view/1881].
By Bus: Board the 513 and get off at the corner of Bell and Plenty. You can get on at Coburg, Bell, Glenroy, Watsonia, Greensborough and Eltham stations [Details at: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/route/view/5812 ].
By Train: Bell Station is a brisk 700m walk from the Stolberg. For any queries contact Matt via the host Meetup profile on the side or [masked].