Come out and feel free to join us for Bobcat Locksport's monthly meetup...
Things to consider on who should come, what you might get out of attendance, as well as what to bring with you to a meetup other then just a desire to learn more and do more:
- You're new to lock picking, then this will be a great time and place to learn
• If your experienced in lock picking and locksport, then come out, most likely we will be able to learn from your knowledge, also you can challenge yourself with a variety of locks, bring a challenge lock that you have re-pinned yourself, or just hang out and take a break from usual.
• All ages welcome and encouraged to come out and experience this sport, we all can learn despite age, orientation, etc... we gather for the sport or science of locksport. (keep in mind only 21+ may consume alcohol in Texas, caffine might be your preference though depending on venue choice for the meetup of course.)
• We provide basic lock picks if needed. Also well we do have kits available for purchase so that you can continue your studies at home on your own time. Although if you already have your own, please bring them it's always interesting to see what different pickers choose for their tools of choice everyone has their own preference and style.
• If you have any old locks you want to bring, we'd be happy to help you defeat them. (Please keep in mind, only locks you no longer depend on, as picking a lock can destroy them over time.)
We are looking forward to sharing the great outdoors and the skills of locksport in a friendly and safe environment for everyone involved. We have one rule, don’t be a jerk, if you are one, you may be asked to leave and not return to another lock camp, or any bobcat locksport sponsored event. Please treat your fellow locksporter, lock picker, hackers, makers, etc as you would want to be treated.
We plan on arriving to setup and have dinner then unpack our week Friday evening Nov 13th, and the weekend end Sunday morning Nov 15th which we will pack up, cleanup and return to our normal lives after a last breakfast together. If you would like to learn more and see our tentative schedule, go to: www.lock.camp and if you would like to get involved helping plan, run, and possibly teach a skill with the group email us at: [masked]
Tickets will be available to cover the basic costs through eventbrite at https://lockcamp.eventbrite.com Stay tuned to Lock Camp's twitter, https://twitter.com/LockCamp for more information.
Overnight camping guests are limited to 64, 8 people per site that we have, unlimited day use guests, so if you want to come out and visit then spend the night else where, or get your own site/cabin you are welcome and encouraged to do so. We have campsites at palmetto state park for specific sites go to www.lock.camp