What we're about
Interested in photography? Tired of your camera collecting dust instead of photos? Would you prefer to be in the company of others who enjoy photography?
You do not have to be an expert. Being in the company of other photographers is one way to learn more about how to use your camera, techniques to improve your own skills and reach out to professional photography instructor(s) for help. Although you can always get out there on your own, a group photo walk often can inspire!
Boise Photo Walk (BPW) is a photography group for anyone who wants to get out and explore with their camera—smartphone, point-and-shoot, mirror-less, film and/or D-SLR—all are welcome! BPW will offer weekday/end, evening and overnight events as well as social opportunities and online assignments/challenges. Come join us to learn, get inspired and meet like-minded individuals with similar interests!
• All BPW events are non-smoking events
• Don't hesitate to ask for and/or offer help
• Be friendly and courteous
• No solicitation or "Call for Photographers" allowed
• Please post only your ACTUAL PICTURE (profile) when asked to do so as a new member (this will help us identify you when participating in your first event).
• We ask you to be active within the group every few months. If you are inactive (3 or more months), we will ask you to rejoin BPW when you are able to be active again.
Release of Liability:
As a member of Boise Photo Walk (BPW), you agree safety is your own responsibility. You agree to make sure that you know how to safely participate in the BPW events, and agree to observe any rules and practices that may be employed to minimize the risk of injury. You agree to stop and seek assistance if you do not believe you can safely continue, to limit your participation to reflect personal fitness level, and to refrain from any and all actions that would pose a hazard to yourself or others.
BPW serves as a group of individuals with interest in photography to create/host events for members and/or other individuals alike. By RSVPing to an event, you are upheld to your own safety responsibilities. BPW is not held liable for any injuries caused before, during and/or after an event.