Meet up & make friends & socialise with members of ALL AGES ALL WELCOME in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with other groups. Lets get Smingling folks!
Prepay ticket link
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BRMXYE3JQKSTC £6 pay on the night
We have our own exclusive room (VERY IMPORTANT NOTE - DUE TO VENUE REFURBISHMENT WE ONLY HAVE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE COURTYARD BAR FROM 6-9PM. To make the most of 'conversation time' you'll need to ARRIVE EARLY. Between 9&9.30 music & DJ- If you arrive late you won't have the chatting time. This is a temporary situation - the venue will be back to normal next year)
An event host will be hosting the event so will be there to meet & greet you, introduce you to other members if you wish and to encourage you to mingle with other members. Hosts will be there from[masked]pm and some members may stay on after this time. It is a large venue so we can have 60-80 people there.
Ladies Table- For solo arriving ladies who want to meet other solo arriving ladies for drinks & chats before they mingle/party. Female-Female intros upon request.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an event for members to chat & get to know each other. The focus is on conversation & mingling... but you'll need to arrive early as there will be a party happening later on in the night in that room
VENUE INFO :
Happy Hour is 8pm for selected drinks only.
Offers on Coors/Bottles of Wine/Prosecco & Cocktails. Please check with hosts or details of the Happy Hour on the night and individual bar staff at time of at time of placing your drinks order for prices. Please note that this bar is under at transition time due to refurb so I cannot guarantee things
Our FREE FOOD is provided complimentary by the venue. It is a SHARE OF A SHARING PLATTER - Its not a whole meal and the food has to be shared with the whole group. I cannot guarantee how much food you will get -if you miss the platters or need something more substantial please eat beforehand or order something from the bar menu.
IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE READ:
Nearest Tubes: St Pauls, Mansion House/Blackfriars.
Arrivals - Between 6&9pm please no later - Arrive early for better intros/mingling and for happy hour (until 8pm)
HOW TO FIND THE VINYL BAR (PREVIOUSLY YAGER BAR):
Exit St Paul's using the exit for 'NEW CHANGE'. Head down New Change & when you get to the end of the street, at the bottom of the hill, Cross straight over at the Crossroads. Then turn right down Cannon Street. Your first left will be 'Old Change Court, which is a courtyard set back off Cannon Street. It is directly opposite St Pauls Cathedral.
HOW TO FIND OUR AREA:
Consists of Two Floors, the entrance is easily accessed through Cannon Street/Old Change Courtyard,. You will see the bar on your left when you enter. We have exclusive use of the DOWNSTAIRS BASEMENT BAR, so head downstairs when you arrive.... ASK BAR STAFF/RECEPTION STAFF FOR HELP if you need it.
Please do some research and plan your journey using smartphone googlemaps/streetmap or just an old fashioned London A-Z prior to leaving and have some idea where you are going. Some places in London can be difficult to find and hosts cannot be held responsible for people getting lost or not able to find places.
• Please make sure you have read all event info before attending.
• PAYMENT - Is by prepay using the links above. If you do not PREPAY you will need to pay £6 cash to an event host when you arrive at our allocated room.
•Dress Code: Smart casual Trainers are OK, no tracksuit bottoms or jackets, or hoodies.
• Please make an effort to chat to people, participate and and mingle at the event. I bring venue and people together and there is no formula for fun, the event is what you make it!
• If you RSVP & change your mind, please cancel your RSVP. Regular no-showers prevent the enjoyment of meetups for other meetupers, so if you do not attend, you will be marked as a no show, and may be deleted from the group.
• Please arrive earlier for better mingling and intros, especially if you are a new member. Its very hard for me to do intros later on in the night when people have grouped off, are well into their convos and a bit tipsy.
• We do not guarantee or organise the M to F ratio at this event - if this is an issue that is going to affect the enjoyment of your event - Please consider the RSVP list before you arrive - you can work out for yourself how many people of each are going to arrive and make your own choice about whether to attend or not.
• Any comments, suggestions and feedback is always welcomed, moaning/venting is not. Please see me in person or email me post event. Appreciated.
• Most of all, come with a positive attitude and have fun!