Boston vs. Chicago Hackathon
Join us for a quantitative finance competition featuring you, our Boston community, versus our Chicago community!
The hackathon is completely free. Quants, data scientists, students, and anyone else interested in finance who would like to put their trading strategies to the test, are welcome to participate. Your individual strategies will be competing against those submitted at this hackathon, and our concurrent hackathon in Chicago. The city with the winning strategy will be announced after judging.
This hackathon will be futures-themed. To kick things off, we will have a brief introduction to futures on the platform. If you are not familiar with futures, we encourage you to come learn!
• Getting Started with Futures (Tutorial) (https://www.quantopian.com/tutorials/futures-getting-started)
Participants will work solo or in small groups to build a trading algorithm with and have the chance to submit their final algorithms for a grand prize. Winners will be determined using a rigorous, quantitative judging process.
You must bring your laptop, as well as a charger if needed. Lunch will be provided, and Wi-Fi will be available.
Hackathon 2017 Agenda
Participants can submit an algorithm of their choosing by the end of the day at 4:00 PM ET. Along with the exact rules, additional materials will be made available a few days prior to the competition.
• 11AM – 12PM: Introduction to Quantopian and futures, & an explanation of competition rules
• 12:00PM – 3:30PM: Hacking Session. Competitors will be free to ask questions
• 3:45PM: Final announcement of 4:00PM deadline
• 4:00PM Submission deadline, wrap up