6pm - 6:30pm: Pre-meeting conversation and networking, pizza and drinks will be provided.
6:30pm - 8pm: Presentation, Q&A
Dave Nielsen will share experience derived from bringing several “software factories” into large organizations through deployment and integration of solutions offered by the Cloud Foundry ecosystem.
Expect to get answers from each of the seven categories of questions asked by our customers who are evaluating or implementing Cloud Foundry:
• Adoption. Can you show me examples of real-world deployments at large (5k+ employees) organizations?
• Money. Do you have business cases on Cloud Foundry that make ROI hard to argue?
• Deployment. Can you show me a deployment topology for a typical production cluster? What do Cloud Foundry clusters running on AWS and OpenStack look like? How do you size the cluster?
• Mechanics. What is going on "under the hood" in a Cloud Foundry cluster?
• Administration. Can you show the admin tools you use? What are the responsibilities of an operator?
• Apps & developer adoption. What are the seven characteristics of applications that run on Cloud Foundry without modifications?
• Experience. What did you learn from operating several clusters in production?
Speaker: Dave Nielsen, Cloud Computing Evangelist & Consultant
By day, Dave is a consultant helping firms engage with influential leaders in the developer & DevOps communities. He is particularly fascinated by Cloud Computing APIs and Platforms. By night, is the founder of CloudCamp, a community of 50,000 disruptive cloud enthusiasts and community organizers in 100+ cities around the world. Follow Dave on Twitter @davenielsen (https://twitter.com/davenielsen).
PARKING· We are located at 1 Rogers Street Cambridge, MA which is a U shaped building positioned between Edwin H. Land Blvd and 1st Street. The sign on the front of the building states "Charles Park" which can sometimes confuse guests. The auditorium is on the first floor.· Parking is located across the street at the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall located at 100 Cambridgeside Place. We can validate guest parking for a discounted rate if they are parked for longer than 5 hours (price drops from $20 to $11). · Below is a map that shows where the mall is in relation to the center. Once guests park their cars, they will take the elevator/escalator to the first floor of the mall. They will walk towards the end of the mall where the Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen are located. The center is in the building directly across the street. Guests will have to walk along the side of the building, until they reach Rogers Street. From there, they will turn right and the front doors are located directly ahead.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION· Lechmere Station (Green Line): Located .4 miles from center which is an 8 minute walk.· Kendall Square (Red Line): Located .8 miles from the center which is a 15 minute walk. The Cambridgeside Galleria Shuttle to and from Kendall Square runs every 20 minutes from 9AM to 8PM Monday through Sunday.