What we're about
Welcome to the Boston Bayesians Meetup group.
We are a small group of data scientists, statisticians, engineers and researchers interested in the practical applications of Bayesian statistics. Join us for friendly academic briefings, stories from real-world projects, and open discussion of Bayesian inference, tools, techniques and case studies.
We follow a conventional format of 1 or 2 presentations from volunteers in the group and/or invited experts, and general conversation and socialising afterwards. Think of us as your Bayesian self-help group in the Boston Area.
Some topics of interest are:
- Bayesian Data Analysis.
- Probabilistic programming with PyMC3, STAN, others.
- Model checking and comparison techniques.
- Computational methods for approximate Inference.
- Real-world examples of hierarchical models.
- Bayesian methods for Machine Learning and deep learning.
- Bayesian methods for Reinforcement Learning.
- Non-linear and non-parametric models.
Call for presentations:
We provide a supporting environment to share your ideas and get feedback on your work. If you are interested in presenting, please submit presentation proposals at BostonBayesians@gmail.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @BostonBayesians