What we're about
On behalf of Boston Fun Run, I (Brian) would like to personally welcome you to our group! The general premise is pretty straightforward, we're a group that likes to run and have fun!
Odds are if you are reading this, you are considering joining or new to the group. So, again welcome. I think it's worth pointing out, all the current hosts of this group are not original members. So we were just like you once upon a time, taking a leap of faith to join what is hopefully a fun group. I'm a bit biased but I think we're pretty awesome. Let me explain...
The main event is our Run & Chug. We meet every Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. at a different bar in Boston, go for a run and then meet back at the bar. This is a great way to discovery the city if you are new in town. In fact, this is how I learned my way around Boston when I first moved here.
Reasons to join this group:
- If you're in your 20-30's (or just think you can hang) with a fun personality looking to meet new people.
- Training for that first (or next) big run.
- Just starting or re-starting to get into running.
- Like exploring bars/breweries throughout Boston & Cambridge (we try to keep all events easily accessible via the T). Meaning you don't even have to like running to join us!
- Wednesday night consistency! Aside from really really crummy weather (but we WILL run in the snow) and that 2020 "event", we'll host a Run & Chug. Sometimes folks just run or just chug, but you'll always know where your friends are on Wednesday night.
Reasons to not join this group:
- If you are a hardcore serious runner who is gonna judge everyone's running ability and form.
- Looking for something more than casual runs & evening social events.
Again, all running paces are welcome. We have all running speeds and abilities, so I'm confident everyone can find someone in the group to run with each week. The emphasis is on making it back to the bar! So, whether you're new to the city or just want to escape the humdrum of everyday life, these Wednesday runs are a great way to unplug!
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to myself (Brian), Jackie, or Sergiu. Cheers!!
P.S. we got friends all over the US, check out our other locations:
San Francisco: http://www.meetup.com/SF-Fun-Run/
New York: http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Fun-Run/
San Diego: http://www.meetup.com/SD-Fun-Run/