IoT is a powerful enabler in BlueTech -- the instrumentation of marine and maritime environments and operations.
According to the Commonwealth of MA, there is a BlueTech cluster emerging in the SouthCoast -- rooted in marine robotics coming out of Woods Hole, New Bedford and the surrounding coastal communities.
With hundreds of miles of coastline, MA is uniquely positioned to be a living laboratory for how coastal communities all over the world can achieve profitable sustainability through the intelligent, intentional instrumentation of the 'Six-Mile-Band' -- the three miles onshore, and the three miles offshore -- where an increasing share of global population is living, working and transacting.
Our presenters and panelists for the evening will include:
(1) Dave Wiley, PhD. NOAA, Research Director, Stellwagon National Marine Sanctuary. He has lead the development and deployment of sensor bouys and marine mammal tracking, including supporting a recreational marine application based on his teams' work.
(2) Dan Ward, PhD. CEO, Ward's Shellfish Farms. Dan has worked most of the primary positions in sustainable aquaculture -- harvesting and husbandry, private research and public, technology developer and deployer.
(3) David Duquette, Founder and CEO, Littoral Power Systems. LPS is a transplant from Princeton to MA and recently won a prestigious DoE grant in the Wind and Water Program. LPS was formed in 2014 to tackle cost issues in oceanic and inland hydropower, in part through their approach to instrumentation and real time intelligence.
(4) Durval Tavares, CEO, Aquabotix. Aquabotix is one of the marine robotics' industries most accessible solutions from ease of use and price point perspectives. Durval will share his experience 'living the dream' from concept through many technical and commercial generations of the Aquabotix journey.
(5) Brian Coffey, ADI. Environmental Sensing and Instrumentation Lead. He will be fresh from a trans-Atlantic flight from Limerick, Ireland. Analog Devices is a MA-headquartered silicon, sensing, instrumentation and related services business with operations worldwide, and a strong footprint in related markets.
There will be others from the deployer and developer communities on panels.
We will discuss a number of IoT BlueTech global market opportunities emerging in real time right here in Eastern Massachusetts.
There will be incredible local food and beer ...
If you would like to stay in New Bedford, ping the Fairfield Inn and Suites and ask for the INEX rate.