addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Why events limit number of people?

Why events limit number of people?

A former member
Post #: 5
I'm just wondering why many of the events only limit 8-12 people to attend? The cambridge, Boston Walk, and Sat. 11/22 are closed to RSVP, since these are open public places just wondering why it is limited? Thanks
Greg
user 2750937
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 7
In actuality all of the walks with the exception of the Wed evening one were for 16-20 people. At first I had the walks listed on 3 different sites and split up the spots between them. Since the Meetup group has become so popular I no longer need to list the walks anywhere else.

I had one walk with 23 people and it was just too much. I have decided that the magic number is 16. Especially as we go out for lunch afterwards, it is easier to plan for a smaller group.

I have had some people show up even though the they had not RSVP'd and the event was full. Please do not show up if you are not on the guest list.

If you would like to walk and the schedule is all full, how about listing your own walk? Just send me an email and I will set you up, its easy!