Join us to learn about AR Gaming as well as design thinking for reality design. Should be a fun night of fantastic speakers, AR demos, and networking!
6:00-6:30pm: Doors open - networking and demos
6:30-8:00pm: Latest and Greatest in AR
1) Neil Gupta, Founder/CEO at BostonAR, will present on what's new in AR.
2) Ross Finman, Founder/CEO of ARSpirit, recently finished at MassChallenge and will present on his startup that brings true AR to mobile devices.
3) Darryl James, Design Strategist at The Meme Design will present on Reality Design.
4) Amber Case, TED Speaker, Author, Fellow at Harvard's Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, and visiting researcher at the MIT Center for Civic Media, will present on Calm Technology and the future of AR.
5) Johnny Monsarrat, Founder and CEO of Monsarrat, Inc. , who previously founded and ran MMO company Turbine (Lord of the Rings Online), will talk about Massively Multiplayer Real World Gaming, a mixture of AR and MMO, the basis for a new company he’s founded.
8:00-9:00pm: Member announcements and more demos and networking.
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided!
9:00-11:00pm: After party at Mead Hall in the upstairs room!
Akamai Technology generously hosts the BostonAR meetup events, and is committed to diversity in everything they do. Learn more about the #3 top place to work in 2015 here: https://www.akamai.com/us/en/about/careers/workplace-diversity.jsp