Join us to learn about AR Gaming as well as design thinking for reality design. Should be a fun night of fantastic speakers, AR demos, and networking!
6:00-6:30pm: Doors open - networking and demos
6:30-8:00pm: Latest and Greatest in AR
1) Neil Gupta, Founder/CEO at BostonAR (http://www.bostonar.org), will present on what's new in AR.
2) Ross Finman, Founder/CEO of ARSpirit (http://www.arspirit.com/), recently finished at MassChallenge and will present on his startup that brings true AR to mobile devices.
3) Darryl James, Design Strategist at The Meme Design (http://www.thememedesign.com/) will present on Reality Design.
4) Amber Case, TED Speaker, Author, Fellow at Harvard's Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society (https://cyber.harvard.edu/), and visiting researcher at the MIT Center for Civic Media, will present on Calm Technology and the future of AR.
5) Johnny Monsarrat, Founder and CEO of Monsarrat, Inc. (http://linkedin.com/in/monsarrat) , who previously founded and ran MMO company Turbine (Lord of the Rings Online), will talk about Massively Multiplayer Real World Gaming, a mixture of AR and MMO, the basis for a new company he’s founded.
8:00-9:00pm: Member announcements and more demos and networking.
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided!
9:00-11:00pm: After party at Mead Hall in the upstairs room!
Akamai Technology generously hosts the BostonAR meetup events, and is committed to diversity in everything they do. Learn more about the #3 top place to work in 2015 here: https://www.akamai.com/us/en/about/careers/workplace-diversity.jsp