Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Questions & Answers. And yes, we will have chairs! Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT41 hashtag in social media posts: details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt).
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz)[masked]
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology (http://bit.ly/1mYDRNo) - BFIT is non-profit, technical private college with approximately 500 students founded in 1908 in Boston’s South End neighborhood. With the goal of investing in the human capital of our state, BFIT is addressing the skills gap crisis facing the US by helping a largely underserved population SKILL UP as technicians for the fields that drive our nation’s economy. The College offers an array of programs leading to careers in Automotive Technology, Computer Technology, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Health Information Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Building Technology & Design, HVAC&R, Electrical Technology, and Eye Health Technology through certificate, associate, and bachelor degree credentials. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Additional information and videos about the College and its programs can be found online at www.bfit.edu (http://bit.ly/1mYDRNo).
AT&T Developer Program (http://bit.ly/1mYmiMk) -- Join the AT&T Developer Program on May 20th from 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for a free all-day workshop on the AT&T Speech and In-App Messaging APIs. If you are a mobile application developer with an interest in adding voice commands or text-to-voice translation to your app or sending text messages from inside your application then this is the event for you. This will be a day of learning and hands-on coding ("lab time"). Bring your laptops and leave with our APIs working from your own AT&T Developer Program account. The workshop will be taught by AT&T subject matter experts and AT&T Developer Program staff. It is also a great opportunity to network with AT&T and your fellow mobile developers. Free! Space is limited so register now. http://bit.ly/1mYmiMk
Products / Presenters:
Details and lineup to be added shortly!
3. Sol Power LLC (http://www.solpowerllc.com) /Cell Phone Solar Charging Stations / @Sol_Power_LLC (http://www.twitter.com/Sol_Power_LLC) - Cell Phone solar charging stations for use in city parks, college campuses and outdoor events. (Ryan Wright) Tech: Solar, arduino, charge controllers/regulators, deep cycle batteries. http://www.solpowerllc.com
4. Pickasound (http://www.pickasound.co) / @pickasoundmusic (http://www.twitter.com/pickasoundmusic) - A social network that aims to empower musicians with the tools they need to collaborate more efficiently and freely express their musical ideas online. (Toju Ometoruwa / @tjbeats93 (http://www.twitter.com/tjbeats93) ) Tech: Web RTC, Html 5, Java. http://www.pickasound.co
5. OpportunitySpace (http://info.opportunityspace.org) / @Ospce (http://www.twitter.com/ospce) - Information platform and marketplace driving smart land use and redevelopment. (Alex Kapur) Tech: Groovy on Grails, Backbone, Handlebars, D3, jQuery. http://info.opportunityspace.org
6. GoNative.io (http://gonative.io) - Convert your website into native Android and iOS apps. No coding required. (John Snyder) Tech: MEAN.io web stack, Android, iOS, Node.js. http://gonative.io
7. TourMatters (http://www.tourmatters.com) / @TourMatters (http://www.twitter.com/tourmatters) - TourMatters simplifies research for the most expensive form of travel... tours. (Jeremy Loeckler / @JeremyLoeckler (http://www.twitter.com/jeremyloeckler)) Tech: C#, SQL Server, Azure. http://www.tourmatters.com
6:00 to 6:50 - Networking and dinner.
6:50 to 7:00 - Announcements
7:00 to 8:10 - Presentations, Questions & Answers
8:10 to 9:00 - Networking
Directions & Parking:
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is in the South End and is a 10 minute walk from Back Bay Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/Default.asp?stopId=10124) (Orange Line) and Arlington Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=15595) (Green Line). Use this Google Map for directions to BFIT (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41+berkeley+st+boston+ma&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89e37a7264044639:0xd38b65da81cc250f,41+Berkeley+St,+Boston,+MA+02116&gl=us&ei=QmxdU_SxG87LsQT024LAAw&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA).
• Use this Google Map for directions to BFIT (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41+berkeley+st+boston+ma&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89e37a7264044639:0xd38b65da81cc250f,41+Berkeley+St,+Boston,+MA+02116&gl=us&ei=QmxdU_SxG87LsQT024LAAw&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA). There are metered spots along Tremont Street and a few along Berkeley Street which are free after 8 pm and cost 25 cents per 15 minutes.
Parking garages within a 5-10 minute walk of the College include:
• Stanhope Garage - 60 E Berkeley St, Boston, MA (https://goo.gl/maps/3qn6Y). (617)[masked]
• Pilgrim Parking - 131 Dartmouth St, Boston, MA (https://goo.gl/maps/tq8Ma). (617)[masked]
• Dartmouth Street Garage - 126 Dartmouth St, Boston, MA (https://goo.gl/maps/sVXXZ). (617)[masked]