Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Prithvi and Erica from Foley Hoag LLP will spend a couple minutes discussing incorporation for startups - Why Delaware? Why a C-Corp?
Please click here to share/tweet our event with your network.
Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #BNT72 hashtag in social media posts. We'll retweet you! Details here
Brought to you by:
Foley Hoag LLP - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com [masked]
The power of IBM Watson and IBM Cloud at your disposal! Augment solutions with technology designed to assist people, not replace them. Leverage IBM Bluemix. Weave together application services, infrastructure and data. Bare-Metal to virtualized infrastructure, tailored to meet your needs. Learn more:
• IBM Watson
• IBM DeveloperWorks
• Unleash IBM for Startups
• What IBM is doing in Boston
Mobinett Interactive builds engaging mobile and web products! Over 5 years, Mobinett has partnered with early stage and growing organizations, to bring 60+ awesome mobile and web apps to life. Their experts in strategy, user experience, design and development, focus on each client’s specific goals and needs to deliver quality, scalable, end-to-end custom solutions on all major platforms! www.Mobinett.com / [masked] / [masked]
Products & Presenters:
1. American Safe Schools - IoT platform ensures safety from the perimeter of a campus! (Joe Wehbe) www.AmericanSafeSchools.com
2. Wicked Reports / @WickedReports - Augmented Marketing Intelligence for small business! (Scott Desgrosseilliers) Tech: PHP, SQL Server, Data warehousing, AWS. www.WickedReports.com
3. HireMeDirect / @HireMeDirect-AV - OnDemand Staffing Platform for the A/V industry in the new Gig Economy! (Patty McGoldrick / @Patty[masked]) Tech: iOS. www.HireMeDirect.com
4. Palatine - AI-powered P2P employee analytics platform! (Archil Cheishvili) www.PalatineAnalytics.com
5. Million.ai / @Million617 - Build a beautiful website in seconds by pulling data from your apps! (Layne (CEO), Nicholas (CTO), & Conor (Lead Architect) / @LayneSadler) Tech: Ruby, AngularJS, Postgres, Nginx. www.Million.ai
6. BeeBoard / @GenEnchant - The bulletin board re-imagined, combining two apps with a beautiful wood display! (Robert Frigault) Tech: iOS, Swift. www.BeeBoard.io
7. Overcome the Barrier's Global Language L&D - The Fitbit of online language training! (Vladimir Kovin) www.OCTB.us
Apply to present your startup here: http://bit.ly/BNTform
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with dinner
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 7:15 - Foley Hoag LLP's Prithvi Tanwar and Erica Rice will discuss incorporation for startups - Why Delaware? Why a C-Corp?
7:15 to 8:30 - Startup Presentations, Q&A
8:30 to 9:00 - More Networking
9:00 - More networking over drinks across the street, at The Whiskey Priest, 150 Northern Ave. (at Seaport Blvd.), Boston, MA. (optional)
Directions & Parking:
Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building (155 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA - main entrance is on B Street). Please bring identification and check in at our desk in the lobby. Type the first few letters of your first or last name on the screen and once you see your name appear, tap on it to print your name tag. You'll also receive an access card to enter. Take an elevator to the 13th floor. Enter the glass doors and walk down the hall to your right. The coat closet and restrooms will be on your right, before you reach the meeting space.
Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building, right next to the MBTA Silver line World Trade Center Station. Walk 1 block north on World Trade Center Ave and you will see the building on your left. You can also walk there in 15 minutes from the MBTA Red line South Station.
Use this Google Map. There are parking meters along Congress St, Seaport Blvd, E Service Rd and Boston Wharf Rd and two open-air parking lots just east of the building (along E Service Rd), which charge $14-15 for the evening.
To get first notice of our events as well as awesome opportunities and resources via email once per week, make sure you are subscribed to Announcements from BNT under My Profile->Notifications.