Free event! Come learn about and support 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community!
Please click here to share/tweet our event with your network. (https://ctt.ec/c_5JB)
Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes to answer your questions. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and support our partners and startups by posting on social media using the #BNT74 hashtag. We'll retweet you!
Brought to you by:
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please visit our website for technology entrepreneurs here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) and learn more at www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag).[masked]
The power of IBM Watson and IBM Cloud at your disposal! Augment solutions with technology designed to assist people, not replace them. Leverage IBM Bluemix. Weave together application services, infrastructure and data. Bare-Metal to virtualized infrastructure, tailored to meet your needs. Learn more:
• IBM Watson (http://bit.ly/IBMwtson)
• IBM DeveloperWorks (http://bit.ly/ibmdevworks)
• Unleash IBM for Startups (http://bit.ly/IBMstartups)
• What IBM is doing in Boston (http://bit.ly/IBMbos)
Draper's Sembler Office (http://bit.ly/bntdraper) empowers your startup’s vision by leveraging Draper’s extensive resources and 80+ years of expertise in solving the world’s toughest engineering problems. Contact us at [masked] to explore how we can help your startup. www.Draper.com/Sembler (http://bit.ly/bntdraper)
Nightingale (http://bit.ly/2j5syXp) helps give you a better night’s sleep by covering common indoor and outdoor noises with soft ambient sound, called sound blankets, that are customized to a room’s acoustics and sleeping conditions. Nightingale is the first smart home sleep system! It can be controlled from a mobile phone, tablet, or PC. Automatic scheduling allows you to set Nightingale to turn on or off to fit your sleeping schedule. Nightingale can connect to smart home devices such as Nest, Ring, and Philips Hue, via the popular IFTTT platform, and it can be controlled by Amazon Alexa. See Nightingale present at BNT74 on February 16th! www.MeetNightingale.com (http://bit.ly/2j5syXp)
QS World MBA Tour Boston (http://bit.ly/2j9hZSS) and QS Connect Masters 1-2-1 meetings (http://bit.ly/2jo0HlZ) - In today’s competitive corporate world, a specialization stands out. Whether it’s with an MBA or a Specialized Masters, when you further your education you will go further in your career. Explore your graduate school options and meet face-to-face with top local and international business schools and universities, with Specialized Masters programs in Marketing, Finance, Management and Entrepreneurship. BNT members can save $15 and attend for free by registering online and showing this offer at the door. January 30th, 4 pm. Hilton, Boston, MA. Register for QS World MBA Tour (http://bit.ly/2j9hZSS) and/or Register for QS Connect Masters 1-2-1 meetings (http://bit.ly/2jo0HlZ)
Products & Presenters:
1. Nightingale (http://bit.ly/2j5syXp) / @NightingaleNow (http://bit.ly/2jvFokL) - A better night’s sleep starts with Nightingale! (David Sholkovitz / @dsholko (http://bit.ly/2jVhMCT) of @Cambridge_Sound (http://bit.ly/2k1lOh3)) www.MeetNightingale.com (http://bit.ly/2j5syXp)
2. Kynplex (http://bit.ly/2jefJOA) / @Kynplex (http://bit.ly/2jnlnJi) - Global online infrastructure for scientific communication! (Raul Jordan / @RaulitoJordan (http://bit.ly/2jyeDvx)) Tech: Meteor.JS, React.JS. www.Kynplex.com (http://bit.ly/2jefJOA)
3. EventHues (http://bit.ly/2jFWYzF) / @EventHues (http://bit.ly/2kC9Vi2) - Marketplace for local talent providing event services! Airbnb of event services. (Monica Gauba) Tech: Angular.JS, Java. www.EventHues.com (http://bit.ly/2jFWYzF)
4. Wireless Road Lamp (http://bit.ly/2kCnE8x) - Wireless in-ground lighting...the future of illumination! (Alvaro Laserna) www.TESLEC.com (http://bit.ly/2kCnE8x)
5. TravelTag (http://bit.ly/2kC8Z9p) / @TravelTagBlue (http://bit.ly/2kc6UEt) - Freedom from baggage carousels! (Nirmal Parikh / @NirmalP (http://bit.ly/2jG4niz)) Tech: iOS, Android, Bluetooth, Beacons. www.TravelTag.blue (http://bit.ly/2kC8Z9p)
6. SenseHUD (http://bit.ly/2kb8LsV) - Transform your smartphone from a distracting device into a device for driving! (Michael Amaru) Tech: Android. www.SenseDriver.com (http://bit.ly/2kb8LsV)
7. invisaWear (http://bit.ly/2k1qaSF) / @invisaWear (http://bit.ly/2jyaNCz) - Smart jewelry that allows users to instantly contact help in an emergency. (Rajia Abdelaziz) Tech: iOS, Android, Bluetooth LE. www.invisaWear.com (http://bit.ly/2k1qaSF)
Apply to present your startup here: http://bit.ly/BNTform
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking and Dinner
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:30 - Startup Presentations, Q&A
8:30 to 9:00 - Meet the Startups & Partners, More Networking
9:00 - Please vacate the building
Directions & Parking:
Draper's Sembler Office is located at 1 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA (Google Map (http://bit.ly/2iDalPA)). Enter the lobby from the entrance under the pedestrian bridge on the north side of Broadway.
If you're new to ride-hailing services, you can use our links to get a free ride on either Uber (http://bit.ly/bntuber)(up to $50) or Lyft (http://bit.ly/bntlyft)(up to $20).
Public Transportation / Walking:
Draper's Sembler Office is 4 blocks from the MBTA Kendall Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=12412) (Red Line). Walk West one block on Main St, then north one block on Ames St. Cross Broadway (to the north side) and walk west 1.5 blocks. Enter the lobby from the entrance under the pedestrian bridge.
Driving & Parking:
Parking: Draper will provide free parking to BNT74 attendees at the "Draper" employee garage (limited number of spaces – first come, first serve!), located directly across the street from Draper's main building at 555 Technology Square (https://goo.gl/maps/J1n3Cg3efKx). The gate should be open by 5:30 and you can park in any available spaces.
If no space is available at Draper, park at the Kendall Center Yellow Garage at 75 Ames St (https://goo.gl/maps/hBa1ydV3iSP2) ($10 after 6 pm). MIT also offers FREE parking in any non-gated lot (http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/parking/locations.html) on campus after 5 PM, such as their Hayward St Lot (http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=P5&Parking=go) (park in the white spaces, not the yellow).
Enter the lobby from the entrance under the pedestrian bridge on the north side of Broadway. Check-in at our table on the left side of the lobby. Type the first few letters of your name on the screen and tap your name to print your name tag. There will be coat racks in the area, or you can place your jacket on your seat in the meeting room.
A full name and valid email is required to RSVP. By RSVP'ing Yes to this event, you agree to be contacted by BNT. Your information will never be shared with other parties.
To get first notice of our events as well as awesome opportunities and resources via email once per week, make sure you are subscribed to Announcements from BNT under My Profile -> Notifications.