Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community!
Please click here to share/tweet our event with your network. (http://ctt.ec/72MZg)
Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT79 hashtag in social media posts. We'll retweet you!
Brought to you by:
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please visit our website for technology entrepreneurs here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) and learn more at www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag).[masked]
The power of IBM Watson and IBM Cloud at your disposal! Augment solutions with technology designed to assist people, not replace them. Leverage IBM Bluemix. Weave together application services, infrastructure and data. Bare-Metal to virtualized infrastructure, tailored to meet your needs. Learn more: IBM Watson (http://bit.ly/IBMwtson) / IBM DeveloperWorks (http://bit.ly/ibmdevworks) / Unleash IBM for Startups (http://bit.ly/IBMstartups) / What IBM is doing in Boston (http://bit.ly/IBMbos)
Akamai Technologies (http://bit.ly/jobsbnt) - Making the internet business-ready - Fast, Reliable and Secure! The leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. Learn more at www.Akamai.com (http://bit.ly/jobsbnt).
In addition to shipping discounts, UPS offers numerous technologies and assistance to help you grow your business and simplify your shipping. They can help you optimize your supply chain and logistics, streamline your import/export of goods, expedite customs clearance, develop custom packaging and print 3D products/parts with 24-hour delivery! UPS Capital and Kabbage offer up to $150k in additional financing for your startup! To learn more, visit UPS Solutions for High Tech Companies (http://bit.ly/UPSht) and contact Catherine Dumont at: cdumont "at" ups.com
Products & Presenters:
1. Scratch Games (http://bit.ly/2tpH2af) - Scratch is a free programming language and online community that helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively in creating their own interactive stories, games, and animations! (Chris & Lucas Requena / @CERequena (http://bit.ly/2tReKsg)) Tech: Scratch. www.Scratch.MIT.edu (http://bit.ly/2tpH2af)
3. Career Explorer (http://bit.ly/2rA3E5A) - Teaches college students about the complex structure of a business and all its main career paths! (Vasile Coman) Tech: AWS, Java, Tomcat, Angular JS. www.xclnav.com (http://bit.ly/2rA3E5A)
4. Cyclops.io (http://bit.ly/2trpmKu) / @CyclopsdotIO (http://bit.ly/2stLjuQ) - Web-based video conferencing and collaboration platform with an App & Bot layer! (Samson Timoner) www.Cyclops.io (http://bit.ly/2trpmKu)
5. botkeeper (http://bit.ly/2rvqxf3) / @b0tkeeper (http://bit.ly/2sfc7wV) - botkeeper is the future of bookkeeping! (Louie Balasny / @LouieBalasny (http://bit.ly/2rldbOs)) www.botkeeper.com (http://bit.ly/2rvqxf3)
6. BodyRecog (http://bit.ly/2rviNKg) / @BodyRecog (http://bit.ly/2s5FYtr) - Health Status in 3 min from a 3D-scan (Anita Busic) Tech: iOS, Android, Java, Python. www.BodyRecog.com (http://bit.ly/2rviNKg)
7. JustHuynh (http://bit.ly/2tr29be) / @JustHuynh_ (http://bit.ly/2stB7CO) - Social fitness app connects people nearby to train together! (Francis Huynh / @FrancisKHuynh (http://bit.ly/2stDhT2)) Tech: Android. www.JustHuynh.com (http://bit.ly/2tr29be)
We regret that HydroGlyde Coated Condoms had to cancel their participation.
Apply to present your startup here: http://bit.ly/bntdemo
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with dinner
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:30 - Startup Presentations, Q&A
8:30 to 8:45 - Meet the Startups, More Networking
8:45 - Please migrate any conversations to the lobby area
Directions & Parking:
Akamai is at 150 Broadway, Cambridge, MA - Google Map (https://goo.gl/maps/3BTqkxcghaK2)
If you're new to ride-hailing services, you can use our links to get a free ride on either Uber (http://bit.ly/bntuber)(up to $50) or Lyft (http://bit.ly/bntlyft)(up to $20).
Akamai is 3 blocks from the MBTA Kendall Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=12412) (Red Line). Walk West one block on Main St, then north one block on Ames St, then west less than one block on Broadway. Akamai is in the building on the left just before Galileo Galilei Way.
Driving & Parking:
Park at the Kendall Center Yellow Garage at 75 Ames St (https://goo.gl/maps/hBa1ydV3iSP2) ($10 after 6 pm). MIT also offers FREE parking in any non-gated lot (http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/parking/locations.html) on campus after 5 PM, such as their Hayward St Lot (http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=P5&Parking=go) (park in the white spaces, not the yellow).
Akamai staff will be escorting attendees from the lobby up the stairs to the first floor, where you'll find our check-in table. Type the first few letters of your name on the screen and tap your name to print your name tag.
----------------------------------------- Attendance Terms ---------------------------------------
To attend, your full name and valid email must be submitted on your RSVP. Members and their guests (collectively, “Attendees”) who attend Boston New Technology (BNT) events agree to hold harmless and indemnify the BNT Organizers against any and all claims and actions brought by Attendees from harm suffered at an event, including, without limitation, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements and other amounts actually and reasonably incurred in connection with any liability, suit, action, loss, or damage arising or resulting from the Attendee’s attendance of a BNT event. By sending an affirmative RSVP, Attendees thereby acknowledge that they are willingly assuming any and all risks associated with attendance of a BNT event, and will hold BNT Organizers harmless against any and all harm which may arise due to said attendance. Attendees also agree to be contacted by BNT. Attendee contact information will never be shared with other parties.
To get first notice of our events as well as awesome opportunities and resources via email once per week, make sure you are subscribed to Announcements from BNT under My Profile -> Notifications.