What we're about
Introverted? Have trouble making friends? INFJ??
This group will be purposely kept small *wink*. If you're not so familiar, the 'INFJ' (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging) is one of 16 personality types on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and it is the rarest personality type, representing 1 - 3% of the population. Our personalities make it harder for us to make friends, hence this group.
Not sure if you're an INFJ? Take a personality test to find out: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test (this is one of many online tests you can take to determine your personality type).
Briefly, if you're an INFJ, you likely have the following characteristics:
1. You hate (really, really hate) small talk. You crave conversations with depth and complexity.
2. You're prone to overthinking... and to thinking all the time.
3. As an introvert, you need time alone to recharge and de-stress (your sunny exterior may lead people to believe that you're an extrovert).
4. You are very empathetic and sensitive, often feeling the emotions of others very deeply.
5. You're an idealistic 'helper' and feel it's your calling, in some way, to change the world.
6. You have a complex inner world in your mind.
7. You're a very nice person and somewhat of a people-pleaser, but can become intensely upset (like, going from 0 to 100 real quick!) at any sign of injustice or bullying.
8. You are intensely opinionated, but may hold back your opinions for fear of appearing too intense.
9. You are very private - few people get to know you really well until you trust them completely. As a result, your circle of friends is very small (which is fine since you don't care to know a lot of people).
10. You like to read and are a life-long learner.
11. You are equal parts an emotional and a logical decision maker.
12. Your personality changes (sympathetically) to reflect the person/people you're around.
13. You prefer texting, writing or in-person communication to phone conversations.
I could go on and on... I'm not a professional (psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.), just simply someone who recently found out that I'm an INFJ by taking an online personality test. I was moved to tears at how accurately the test described me. As a true INFJ, I did a little more research (read: Google searches) and suddenly everything about me made sense! I'm not weird, just different :)
This is not necessarily a 'going-out' group. I've tried those - they didn't appeal to me. I envision it as a small group of introverted INFJs, getting together at a coffee shop (or other comfortable, relatively quiet place), getting to know each other. The 'going out' can happen after the friendships are formed (in my humble opinion). I am open to any and all ideas for getting us together (except nightclubs, bars, noisy places, you know what I mean, right?)