Let’s get together and translate everything WordPress!
Be part of a 24-hour global event which will include an online livestreaming event and offline local Meetups in multiple locations.
No previous WordPress translation experience is required. Translation is generally from the English (US) text available.
At this event we will:
- Help you get started with translating WordPress plugins, themes, and other projects
- Share translation tips and tricks with each other
- Get to know global polyglots contributors via the WordPress international channel on Slack (#polyglots-events)
- Watch and/or share livestream videos of sessions and panels about WordPress translation (for more information, visit https://wptranslationday.org )
You will need a WordPress.org ID to take part. You can register an account from https://login.wordpress.org/register if you don’t have one yet.
Resources for organizers and participants:
- Getting Started Guide: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/first-steps/ [or its translation in your language]
- Glossary: [e.g. https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev/ja/default/glossary ]
- Style Guide: [e.g. https://codex.wordpress.org/fr:Effort_de_Traduction ]
- How to join Slack: [http://chat.wordpress.org or your local Slack information, if you'll be using it]
- WordPress Translation FAQs: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/frequently-asked-questions/
- Share pictures, videos, and conversations at the event using the #WPTranslationDay hashtag on social networks: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/guide-organize-a-local-event-on-global-wordpress-translation-day/#share-pictures-and-videos-from-your-event