- 18:00: Welcome and setup
- Presentation #1: William Cheung - Functional Turtles in TypeScript
- Presentation #2: Fraser Tweedale - Haskell project bootstrap: cabal and haskell-ci
- 20:00ish: Pack down, exit, head to Criterion pub.
Functional Turtles in TypeScript
This is a talk in two parts.
- We will use the power of higher-kinded types (HKT) in fp-ts to create a stripped down version of the Python program turtle.
- Introducing functional programming to JS developers. We will discuss a strategy for introducing front-end teams to functional programming via fp-ts.
Haskell project bootstrap: cabal and haskell-ci
So you want to start a Haskell project. Great! This presentation will cover the practical steps, without focusing on the Haskell code. We will walk through:
- Initialising a package (cabal init)
- Haskell package description (Cabal); how to declare dependencies, libraries, and test suites
- How to build, test and install the package
- Setting up GitHub Actions CI workflow with `haskell-ci`
- Distributing your package on Hackage