addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Brisbane Joomla Users Group Message Board The Brisbane Joomla Users Meetup Group Discussion Forum › New Meetup: Joomla! Day Melbourne Notes, 3.0 SEO Problems & A Give-away

New Meetup: Joomla! Day Melbourne Notes, 3.0 SEO Problems & A Give-away

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Brisbane Joomla Users Group!

What: Joomla! Day Melbourne Notes, 3.0 SEO Problems & A Give-away
When: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:00 PM

Where: The Edge
State Library of Queensland Stanley Place, South Bank
Brisbane
Contact Ena

The Night

We have a lot to cover this month, including:

• Notes from Joomla! Day Melbourne
  • Joomla! 3.0 and it's SEO problem
  • Search for a new BJUG Co-ordinator
  • Door Prize — a 12 mth subscription to RedComponent.com valued at €60 (over AUD$75)!

As we have so much to cover we will be aiming to start at 6:15pm.

Joomla! Day Melbourne

As you no doubt know, several BJUG members attended the Joomla! Day event in Melbourne in late January. The event was well attended from all over Australia and surrounds (including NZ and Asia). I'll be going over some of the highlights from the conference and I'm sure the other BJUG members that attended will be happy to talk about what they found interesting :D

Joomla! 3.0.x SEO

If you haven't heard there's a problem with SEO and Joomla! 3.0.x (at this writing all versions), anyway, I'll be talking about the problem and one way to fix it for your clients (until it's fixed in the core).

New BJUG Co-ordinator

Well I wasn't expecting to have to do this last time we all go together but circumstances of a personal and familial nature have necessitated a change in my life. The biggest being that we will be spending 2013 (at least) in Bathurst, NSW.

To this end someone will need to step up and take on the role of co-ordinating meetings in Brisbane — lets have a talk about that.

Door Prize

Thanks to the Sponsors of JD Melbourne 2013 (and the co-ordinators) I have a 12 month RedComponent.com subscription to give away. So, come along, get your free ticket at the door and at the end of the meeting I'll draw a random winner for this great prize.

The Venue

The venue is confirmed as "The Edge". If you need a Google Map you can just click on this link to see where "The Edge" is.

The Edge has an in-house cafe that serves strong coffee and other beverages, however, meals and stronger drinks will have to wait until after the meeting.

As main meals are not available at the venue, we are aiming to start the main presentations earlier so as to leave time afterwards for everyone to get a bit and have a chat at a nearby cafe/pub.

The Schedule
The schedule for the meetup will hopefully follow this plan:-
6.00pm - Arrive and chat with other members - order any drinks/food
6.15pm - This months presentation/discussion
7.30pm - Official Finish
7.45pm - Head to the Pub

As always, everyone is welcome to stick around afterwards to talk if you wish. There are lots of venues nearby, and "The Fox Hotel" is just around the corner and a popular post-meetup venue for other meetup groups.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers

Craig

Check it out!