We are a fun, friendly and inclusive group best suited to seasoned walkers and hikers (18 years or over). We delight in being out in the countryside and hills throughout the year in all weather conditions. You must easily be able to walk a minimum of 12 miles over hilly ground, and a good sense of humour in the face of adversity is an advantage!
Our walks are classed as Difficult or Very Difficult.
· Difficult: Has either large amounts of climb or is long distance (>12miles and/ or >800m ascent)
· Very Difficult: Contains extensive amounts of climb, long distance or is technically challenging
We have a reputation for interesting, challenging and varied walks with strong leaders and walkers. Our Walk Leaders are equipped with First Aid and basic survival equipment and are experienced Hill walkers. Our prime concern is safety, so all events are pre-walked and assessed.
We expect our members to:
· Assess and take responsibility for their own safety and ability to complete the walk
· Have the correct equipment suitable for the walk
· Only book on walks they are going to attend (persistent withdrawal from walks at short notice will result in removal from the group)
· Behave in a responsible and respectful way
Annual membership is currently £24.00 (there is also a £2 pay per walk option).
We hold 3rd party public liability insurance and your membership of the group starts when you attend your first walk with us.
Well behaved dogs are welcome on most of our walks, however this is at the discretion of the Walk Leader.
In order that we can easily identify you, it is a requirement that you have your name and a recognizable photo of only yourself on your profile. If your picture doesn't comply, confirmation of your registration with the group may be declined.