PLEASE READ ATTENDANCE POLICY BELOW BEFORE REQUESTING MEMBERSHIP!!!
Brunch is the best of both worlds!! This group is for anyone who enjoys Brunch and maybe some mid-day refreshments.
This group doesn't only know how to enjoy a great meal but have a little fun too. So if you enjoy going to concerts, cookouts, bowling, FUN, this is a great group to join.
Birmingham Brunch and Social Group Policies
The event organizers and event hosts of the Birmingham Brunch and Social Group work tirelessly to identify locations and plan fun, entertaining Meetup events for all of its members. In order for an event to be successful, it requires the attendance/participation of the members of the group. The following policies have been developed and implemented to ensure that each Meetup event is fun, engaging, and meets the needs of the overall community.
Requirements of joining and remaining a member of the Birmingham Brunch and Social Group
1. Each member is expected to upload a picture of themselves for the profile picture. If it makes you feel more comfortable, it is fully acceptable to use just your first name on your profile.
2. Each member is expected to RSVP for each event that you wish to attend rather than simply showing up. Your RSVP allows for an accurate headcount. When a new event is announced, RSVP by choosing “Yes” on the event page. In addition, you are expected to update your attendance plans in a timely manner as they change so that another member can be granted the spot to attend the event.
3. If a Meetup is full, please join the waitlist, if one is available. The event host will update your status if space becomes available for you. Refrain from showing up without a RSVP and without speaking with the event host first.
No-Show and Late Cancellations
4. Make sure that your schedule allows you to attend the event(s) that you RSVP. It is the policy of this group that cancellations should be made at least 36 hours in advance of the event’s start time. If you RSVP for an event and you do not attend or update your status with the event host via the event page or inbox in a timely manner, you will be considered a no-show. A late cancellation is a cancellation that occurs within 24 hours of the event start time. Cancelling the day of the event is strongly discouraged.
5. Preference will be given to individuals on a waitlist that do not have a history of late cancellations or being a no-show.
6. After a member has a total of three no-shows in Birmingham Brunch and Social Group, the event organizer reserves the right to remove them from the group. We fully understand that things happen to us all. If you RSVP for an event and a crisis occurs, simply exercise the courtesy to let the event host know.