We have a very spacial guest speaker for this meetup. She is a DataStax Cassandra MVP and she is flying all the way from Brazil to talk to us!! This is a one- off opportunity to speak to a great Cassandra Expert. Hope to see you there!
6:30pm - 7pm - Reception (with drinks and snacks)
7pm - 8pm - Hanneli Tavante -
8pm - 8:30pm - Networking
Hanneli is a software developer. With experience in Java, C++ and Ruby, she works mostly with backend development and project architecture. She contributes to some open source projects and organises Cassandra, Neo4j, Science and Rust meetups in Sao Paulo. She enjoys spreading the knowledge and learning new topics in conferences around the globe. She also likes coffee, GIFs, Lego and Mathematics.
Smart bots with Cassandra
Why bots? Bots can be used in many scenarios - auto replies on IRC, Slack, Github and so on. But bots can also be used to help you on daily tasks!
Depending on your routine, smart bots may be able to reply emails, answer questions on chat, remind you to do some activities and so on. Bots can be much more than a Devops Friend tool!
This talk is going to talk a little bit about how to identify situations that a bot could help you, possible ways to build them, the challenges and the some things that may go wrong.
- Bots: helping me to avoid some mechanical or repetitive tasks since 2009
- My first (dummy) bots
- First attempt to make bots smarter - the brute force way
- Collecting data to feed bots intelligence
- Cassandra and Spark - essential tools to collect several analogical events and turn them into data
- Interpreting the results - applying some mathematics on it
- Making smart bots with some machine learning basics
- Real case - put bots to manage meetups- Points to improve
- Where could you apply this idea?
- Some epic fails
- Notes on security and other issues
In addition to the talks there will be, as usual, plenty of opportunity to meet other Cassandra users and enjoy robust discussions around NoSQL.
Special thanks to Devoteam (http://www.devoteam.be/) who are hosting us for this event!
NOTE: We are unable to cater for any attendees under the age of 18. Please do not sign up for this event if you are under 18.