After a year of hiatus, we're relaunching the BrusselsPHP Meetup in full force :
- Monthly meetups will feature 1 or 2 talks with a short break in-between
- Workshops/hackathons spread throughout the year
Each meetup/workshop/hackathon will have food and drinks.
== Speakers ==
The first new meetup will feature an international speaker :
**Neal Brooks** (@nealio82) travels from the UK to speak at BrusselsPHP and will give a talk titled "Running your PHP site on AWS Lambda with Bref".
Description : Ever find yourself deploying your PHP app to your EC2 boxes and wondering if you’re using your resources wisely? You’re almost certainly paying for CPU time you’re not using, and scaling PHP applications on AWS can be tricky.
Wouldn’t it be great to pay only for the resources you actually use, and if your site could scale instantly without needing to configure auto-scaling-groups, alarms, and rules? AWS Lambda gives us these features but only supports a few languages natively.
Until now making PHP run on AWS Lambda has required a lot of hacks and workarounds. However, evolving tools such as https://bref.sh have fixed a lot of the pain for you.
In this session we’ll walk through the steps required to set up a real PHP website running on Lambda, served over HTTPS, and all without launching a single EC2 instance or ELB.
Finally we'll look at some of the other possibilities and considerations that are now open to us as PHP engineers in a serverless world.
== Location ==
Cu.be Solutions, Imperiastraat 6, Zaventem
How to get there :
- By car : plenty of parking space in front of the building (please use onkly the Cu.be or Pepsico parking spaces) or on the street
- By public transport :
- Bus lines 272 (30min from Brussels-North station), 621 (12min from Vilvoorde station) and 282 (45min from Mechelen) stop at 20m (Henneau/Excelsior stop)
- The train stations of Diegem and Zaventem are a 15min walk away