== Agenda ==
19:00 Food and drinks
19:30 "Xdebug 3" by Derick Rethans
20:30 Break with drinks
21:00 "The La(te)st PHP 7 — What's new in PHP 7.4" by Derick Rethans
21:45 "How to migrate code to PHP 7.x" by Wim Godden
22:15 More drinks and chat
== Speakers ==
- Derick Rethans, creator of Xdebug, will travel from London to talk about what's new in Xdebug 3.
- Afterwards he will explain what's new in the upcoming PHP 7.4 release. Derick's the release manager for PHP 7.4, so expect a lot of details.
- Finally, Wim Godden will explain what tools are available to automate compatibility checks, so we can all migrate to PHP 7.4 as soon as possible.
== Talk descriptions ==
= Xdebug 3 =
In this presentation we are going to look at an upcoming version of Xdebug: 3. The new version is a near total rewrite, and will bring many improvements over its older releases. You will learn how this new version approaches things differently, and how you would use the new features and settings to make your development life easier. We'll also have a look at which changes have been made in Xdebug 2.8 to improve its step debugging functionality.
= The La(te)st PHP 7 — What's new in PHP 7.4 =
During this presentation, we are going to look at the new features that are
being introduced PHP 7.4. Join me to have a look at how the type system is strengthened with typed properties and co- and contra-variance of methods, what changes to operator precedence are, and which new features, such as pre-loading classes, are going to be introduced.
At the end you will have a good understand about all the new and exciting
features that are going to be part of the upcoming PHP 7.4 release.
= How to migrate code to PHP 7.x =
With PHP 7.4 almost out and PHP 5.3 and 5.4 still accounting for over 30% of all production environments, it's a good idea to show how to get code ready for the latest version of PHP. In this talk, we'll look at some handy tools and techniques to ease the migration.
== Location ==
Cu.be Training Center, Imperiastraat 6, Zaventem
How to get there :
- By car : plenty of parking space in front of the building (please use only the Cu.be or Pepsico parking spaces) or on the street
- By public transport :
- Bus lines 272 (30min from Brussels-North station), 621 (12min from Vilvoorde station) and 282 (45min from Mechelen) stop at 20m (Henneau/Excelsior stop)
- The train stations of Diegem and Zaventem are a 15min walk away
- Electric steps are available all throughout Brussels and can be taken to the border of Zaventem. Check out www.troty.be or www.li.me or www.ridedott.com