The Budapest BI Forum (http://budapestbiforum.hu/2016/en) will host this meetup at the usual conference venue. Join us and listen to data talks, meet the conference speakers and attendees, and enjoy a beer!
• Behind the scenes of Bud Flights
In this talk the Quanopt (http://www.quanopt.com/) team will present their solution to the data visualization challenge at the SatRdays conference which won the first prize (https://medium.com/@BenceArato/data-visualization-challenge-at-the-first-satrdays-conference-93b5446879f#.oepp2whaw).
• Fail fast -- lessons learned from my first visualization challenge
I spent my last five years doing exploratory analysis -- creating quite a lot meaningful, but terribly-looking visualizations. However, the offered data set of the satRday data visualization challenge seemed so interesting that I decided to create my own visualization to see how a complete data workflow looks like. In my talk, I will briefly summarize my approach and what mistakes I made while preparing my submission (there are a lot) and what was my conclusion after it ("Oh my, this is more difficult than I thought.").
Ágnes Salánki isa Data Analyst at Secret Sauce Partners, former PhD student at the Budapest University of Technology. Big fan of visualization and R (especially visualization in R).
• Some interesting problems encountered while using Stackoverflow
I learned about shiny a few months ago. After going through the tutorials I decided to read and answer questions on Stackoverflow to get some practice. In this talk I will present some problems and solutions I found interesting and instructive.
Dávid Gyurkó is working as a BI consultant on telco projects at United Consult, former intern at Rapporter, R enthusiast.
17:45 Doors Open
18:30 Talks begin
20:00 Meetup finishes
Also check out our other meetup events:
- October 26 (Wed): PyData meetup (http://www.meetup.com/budapest-py/events/234613881/)(English speaking)
- October 27 (Thu): Big Data (http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Meetup-Budapest/events/234874107/) and BI meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Budapest-BI-Meetup/events/234689556/), Finals of the ingatlan.com data visualisation challenge (Hungarian speaking)
This is an English speaking event. Venue and catering will be provided by the Budapest BI Forum. (http://budapestbiforum.hu/2016/en)
The meetup is free, no conference ticket needed to attend.