What we're about
This is a group of adventure seeking people in the Western New York area who desire to live on the edge.
Events in the past have included:
• Assault Weapon Experience
• Snow Shelter construction
• 14 days in Alaska(by RV)
• Au Sable River kayaking in Michigan
• Put in Bay, Ohio weekend camping/biking
• Hunter Mountain Zip Lining
• Moonlight Bowling, Weekday Golf Outings, TGIF Biking/Sunset Watch
The guidelines for this group are that events MUST:
• Be fun .
• Involve comradery.
• Provide full details as to when/where.
• Equipment/Clothing required.
• State loss of life probability.
• Other info to make the adventure safe.
The event SHOULD:
• Involve SOME physical activity (no quilting bees)
• Assemble for a social activity afterwards
• Attendance WOULD BE NICE. Your presence is appreciated, but not required. If you RSVP yes and can't make the event please update. But if you can't for some reason respond, well oh shit.
I have posted some of the events that I have developed in the past and some that I have always wanted to do. I added certain dates (ie Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc) to remind me that I should probably not schedule something, but others can. I encourage others to create events also within this Meetup Group.
NOTE: It has been my experience that during hikes/adventures/etc, you do not make friends, you make them afterwards (that is why I recommend a social period after the event).
There are some events that I will post that I am not hosting/attending. They are there/here to remind others what adventures are upcoming that they may want to attend.
This was what we did in July, 2013. Class 5 Rafting in Alaska. No loss of life.
Bottom line is: This is your group, do with it as you may.