The Dallas Personal Robotics Group (DPRG) is all about autonomous robots. We love to learn how robots tick, build robots from scratch, and hack on ready-made robot kits until they do what we want. We love to figure out clever tricks and share what we learn.
Join us in our quest as we touch on:
• Programming. Problem Solving & "Putting it all together"
• Sensors. Motors & Microcontrollers
• Fabrication. Cool Technologies & Building Stuff
More About DPRG
Check out "Robot Builders Night Out" - our regular ad-hoc build sessions each every Tuesday from 6:30-10 PM - or stop by our meetings on the 2nd Saturday of each month at Noon. These sessions offer presentations on robot technology related topics, or sometimes workshops and competitions. Click for our meeting schedule... (https://www.dprg.org/dprgs-meetings/)
Browse through DPRG's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/DPRGclips)for presentations, tutorials, projects, and other club events. DPRG has been around since 1984, and has tons of great resources to share...
Have a question about robots? Join DPRG's mailing list and become part of the conversation. Ready to become a DPRG member? Click to learn more... (https://www.dprg.org/)
• 29 Sept / 7:30 pm Dallas time
• Continuing online each Tuesday evening until the crisis is over and the Makerspace opens again.
• Join Hangouts Meet https://meet.google.com/hey-jxuo-esf
• Join by phone [masked] PIN: [masked] #
(if dial by phone and find yourself muted, try *6 to unmute yourself,
or exit, click 'Rejoin', and then follow instructions to 'Join and use a phone for audio'. If you 'Rejoin', try the 'Call me' option, which makes it easy to bind your phone call to your web participation, then let's you mute and unmute your own phone from your browser).
• talk robots & related stuff
• keep going while we're stuck at home
• make it easier for people to attend DPRG remotely / during the week
• round table- everybody spends a couple minutes telling what projects they're working on as we're all stuck at home
• ad-hoc presentations / whoever would like to show & tell
• “stump the club” challenges -> Just ask for help if you’ve hit a roadblock in your project. Somebody in the club can probably get you pointed in a good direction – or even arrange a side bar session to help.
Note 1: we do record a video of these sessions and are working to post them on the DPRG YouTube channel. By joining the meeting you’re giving consent to be included in the recording.