This is a small group of intermediate hikers who enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, backpacking, camping, and scrambling. Beginners are welcome as you can learn from the more experienced members. I started this group as I like to venture into the outdoors with a small group of regulars who are at similar levels of outdoor experience. (maximum members count for the club is 50)
Criteria to join
Must have a recent profile photo showing your face (update if needed)
User name in profile should be your first name (only)
Must commit to join the group’s outings at a minimum of 2 per season of the year (that is 2 outings every 3 months)
Q & A to help you decide if this group is suitable for you:
• Are you interested to meet other hikers?
• Do you work well in a team environment?
• Do you agree to stay close with the team while on an outing?
• Do you have basic outdoor clothing and basic hiking gear?
• Are you willing to learn something new?
• Are you willing to share some of your transferable skills?
• Are you willing to carry some team gear on a trip?
• Are you prepared to participate in regular drills in outdoor safety training?
• Are you prepared to assist other hikers in an emergency situation?
• Do you stay calm in an undesirable situation?
• Do you agree to stay within your skill limits?
• Would you consider to take up training if needed (first aid, avalanche safety, etc.)
If your answer is yes to most of the above questions, you are in a good place with this group.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:30 AM
Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:30 AM