What we’re about
Join us practicing bushcraft skills and doing walks and tramps around the Wellington region. We're a bunch who like helping others (and the bush!)
The goals of this group are to:
• help people develop their confidence and comfort in the bush
• practice and improve bushcraft skills and knowledge
• build up tramping networks
• enjoy the bush around Wellington we're so lucky to have!
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Makara Evening WalkMakara Beach car park, Wellington
Oh yes, the Makara loop sunset special.
Taking the usual gamble on the weather, wind and tides, be prepared for this walk to change track, route or day closer to the time. The only guarantee are the hours of daylight available to exercise safely.
Come prepared for uneven ground and objects. It’s a big loop with plenty of up hill.
Lets meet by the cafe-
Bring - (note to self, Dean’s prize from the Makara walk photo competition last march)
Shoes with good grip on the stones
- Evening Walk: Te Ahumairangi - on the main tracks.Tinakori Hill (Northland Side), Wellington
This is a faster paced walk and involves some short steep up hill parts.
Let’s have a sheltered and brisk walk under the cover of the forest.
We will meet on Orangi Kaupapa Road outside the driveway down from Te Ahumairangi Lookout. I’ll make sure the pin is in the right place and we are all assembling visibly on the road
We will follow a mixture of marked colour tracks avoiding tree fall (no bonus bushcraft tracks)It’ll be fairly brisk.
This will be a sheltered option regardless of the weather.
Please bring -
Shoes with grip
There are some heart beater tracks.