addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

California Fashion Photography workshops Message Board › What is beauty?

What is beauty?

Leon
user 12092682
Group Organizer
Oakland, CA
Post #: 9
I'm curious everyone's opinion about what they consider to be a "beautiful" face. What features make someone look beautiful in the traditional sense? Is the "commercial" idea of what's beautiful different from your own and why?

Please give a short list of which top models or actresses you think have the prettiest face, and tell why you think so. Is it their expression, their eyes, their lips? And what about their features makes them stand out? If it's their eyes, then please be detailed about why their eyes stand out as being special?

Are there facial geometries that can be calculated as more or less beautiful? Can we define them? Can we calculate them?

Let's start calculating.

I'm looking forward to everyone's list of what they define as "beauty" and why. (Facial exploration only for this study... We can analyze other body parts another time)
:)
T K.
user 13519728
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 1
Angelina Jolie: Eyes, Lips,Cheeks etc I know I'm cheating a bit as she was signed with Ford if memory serves me correctly. Oh and even skin tone, although a pro make up artist and retoucher will make anyone look flawless:-)

Beyonce or Halle Berry would be two choices along with Tyra Banks and Sade. Each has strong features in proportion, although Beyonce has more in the lip area.

A look at John Derek's women is illuminating. Patti Behrs, Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek. He had a nack for picking women who looked like greek godesses, and who looked like they could have been related to on another.
A former member
Post #: 1
Physical beauty to photograph defineltey needs a symmetrical face. High cheekbones and nice line from the Jaw to the chin, small chin, big eyes and nice pronounced lips. I find that applies to a lot of male models too, though i find Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and Craig Daniel very beautiful. Also for me a great persona and nice laughter and smile helps!!