Who We are - CAMP is Colorado Advancement of Muslim Professionals & Students (a non-profit organization). The original group started over 7+ years ago!! Our goal is to facilitate and inspire the development of Muslim Professionals and Students in Colorado to become exemplary leaders committed to advancement through professional growth and development. CAMP is an independent, diverse and organized group of community members, neither liberal nor conservative, and take the middle path. We want to create an environment of respect, honor and peace in the Colorado community. CAMP is primarily a social, professional, recreational and educational network of friends.
Member Orientation - Once you join CAMP Meetup, please RSVP for a one-time Member Orientation which is held monthly. The purpose is to inform you of the mission, goals, safety tips, and programs. Volunteer Roles are available and are a great way to make friends, earn respect, build your resume, get experience, and use your skills to help the community.
What We Do - Typical activities include: hikes, camping, music events, leadership development, potlucks, panel discussions, business networking, day trips, workshops, collaborations with organizations, workshops and whatever the Admin Team plans. We have an Admin Team of a dozen members and an Advisory Council that interacts with Muslim organizations across the state. We also support the Muslim community through our websites and business programs.
5 Point Program for well-rounded Individual Development
1) Professional Development - Build your career skills, stay on track with latest trends in business, science and technology, attend business panel meetings ranging from coffee talks to formal guest speakers
2) Recreational Fitness - get active, stay in shape, be healthy, explore Colorado outdoor with activities such as hiking and camping
3) Communication Skills - socialize, join potlucks, modern hallaqa, coffee discussions, and make friends
4) Arabic Learning - regularly practice Arabic with native speakers and get reliable guidance for Arabic classroom training
5) Leadership & Mentorship - lead workshops or teams, practice a presentation, get affordable training, become a Mentor to college students, help develop leadership programs
We support the larger Muslim community through social and recreational activities, young adult engagement, support for non-profits and small business and volunteer projects.
Everyone is welcome in the unifying spirit of these verses
"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." Quran 2:62