addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles (CBW-LA) Message Board › Saturday's Meetup

Saturday's Meetup

Nutschell Anne W.
nutschell
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Hi All!

This Saturday's session is going to be another informative, inspiring and fun-filled one. You'll be learning about how the publishing industry works, how a book gets published traditionally, (you'll also learn about the alternatives to traditional publishing), why writing is not only a craft, but also a business and so much more. You'll learn enough to make you decide on what path you should take with regard to your writing career. And of course, you'll learn the steps and techniques that will help you plan (& follow through with) your writing goals.

I've already finished the handouts (there are about 9 so far) plus several worksheets that I'll be giving out. If you've already RSVP'd for this event, please, please make sure you do show. I always print the exact amount of handouts and worksheets for each attendee and I would like to avoid wasting paper (mostly I feel bad for the trees).

Also, I hate to ask, but could you please bring a couple of bucks for donation to our little group? Printing materials (including paper, ink, nametags and so on) can get quite tough on a writer's pocket. ($2 should be lots for the materials you'll be receiving, but if you care to bring more, of course we won't refuse your generosity. )

Thanks again for being a part of our improving group. I promise you this Saturday's session will propel you into the next stage of your writing career.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

warm regards,

Nutschell