601 N University St, Redlands, CA
CCC "A4+ Level" Oak Glen Apple Orchards Ride
ROLLING AT 8:00am (SHARP!)
Please arrive at least fifteen minutes earlier for last minute prep and call or text if you happen to be running a little late.
Ride Length: Only 43.2 miles!
Ride Elevation Change: Only 3885 feet of Elevation Gain!
Garmin Compatible Route Link: CLICK HERE
Ride Level: A4+ Level** (Click Here for Ride Level Details)
Parking: Park in the parking lot off of Park Ave between University St & Division St (**See map below!)
This fun and challenging ride starting in the beautiful foothill town of Redlands will explore the hills of the Oak Glen Preserve.
We will ride at a strong pace geared towards maintaining a strong overall average speed making needed adjustments along the way dependent upon the overall fitness/experience level of the group.
This ride is a mashup of grinding climbs, high speed flats, and focused pulls that rewards those riders that have put their miles in. It is a challenging route that will test you both mentally and physically, while still leaving some sections in for light-hearted fun!
As always, it will be an organized and well-controlled opportunity for more advanced riders looking to break free here and there in the safety and (dis)comfort of a spirited CCC group ride while honing proper bike riding technique (drafting, pace lining, etc.) and road etiquette (riding as a team).
Fewer stops and safely increased paced will be the order of the day. Make sure to carry proper nutrition and hydration as well as the tools necessary to keep things flowing smoothly.
Don't worry, this is still a NO DROP ride so you won't be left behind. If we encounter any hills you will be able to climb at your own pace as we will regroup at the top, there will be several other quick regroups as needed along the way. Typically, a ride of this length will take about 5+ hours to complete including regroups and rest stops.
We occasionally pay a post-ride visit to one of our local merchants to refuel and socialize a bit, so bring cash and/or a debit card if you want to purchase some goodies.
If you are running late or have any questions about your ability or preparation to do this ride, please contact us through the Meetup messaging system or call/text me directly:
Minimal Riding Requirements:
• Properly fitted and fastened bicycle helmets are MANDATORY!
• An appropriate bike in good and safe working condition
• Each rider should carry an extra tube, patch kit, tire levers, bike tool and a pump and/or CO2kit
• Knowledge of which brake handle is for your rear brake (normally the right) and ability to use it as your primary brake or in conjunction with the front brake; do not apply only your front brake
• Highly visible clothing and bicycling sport specific protective glasses
• Proper hydration carried on the bike (water and/or a sports drink and drink often during the ride)
• Some form of quick energy food
• Ability to maintain speed and balance, brake efficiently, and safely handle your bike
• Each rider should carry some form of identification in case of an emergency (RoadID, a copy of your current address/emergency contacts/special medical needs, etc.)
• Small amount of cash and/or debit card for meals or snacks is optional Our rides emphasize group and individual rider skill development. Bicycle riders, like drivers of motor vehicles, must obey all traffic laws.
In case of inclement weather or other possible ride cancellation conditions, our ride leader or designated representative will be present at the start location at the event start time to give postponement or cancellation details.
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you make it known that you, your personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin will hold blameless in the case of accident, injury, or damage of any kind the Claremont Cycling Club (“CCC”), its officers, members, and volunteers. You recognize that bicycling is potentially dangerous, and you represent that you are a competent cyclist with safe equipment. You fully understand the nature of Bicycling Activities and that you are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. You understand that you participate in this bicycling activity at your own risk. You further recognize that safety is your own personal responsibility and you agree to participate in keeping all rides safe. You agree to hold the above organization harmless and indemnify them for all costs, judgments and awards that may be claimed including the cost to defend such claims brought by you or another on your behalf. CCC events are not races, it is incumbent upon the participant(s) to operate their bicycle in a safe manner, obey all traffic laws, and helmets are required. This disclaimer will be valid for any and all of the Claremont Cycling Club events and Community Rides. You also agree that your membership in this group is on an “at will” basis that can be terminated at any time for any reason.