addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Center For Inquiry Northeast Ohio Message Board › Atheists are Cannibals?

Atheists are Cannibals?

A former member
Post #: 72
Hi all, you'll never guess. Another BIZARRE blog post by a Pastor Matt Timmons of the Covenant Reformed Fellowship of Ashland. It's a 1/7 post, the blogspot is at http://covenantchapel...­, I took exception to his one comment in his blog basically inferring that atheists could be cannibals,
''If we are cosmic dust (as the atheist says), it doesn't matter whether we eat the ham or the neighbor's child for Christmas dinner. If we are consistent atheists, one act is just as moral as the other.''
Yikes! Scary stuff! (His response about atheists & morals is in response to my op-ed ''Happy Holidays from an Atheist.'')
A former member
Post #: 73
Forgot to add, scroll down, his article is titled, ''Atheism, Christmas & Morality.''
Ray V
user 7799412
Stow, OH
Post #: 222
Funny, My atheist friends never suggested this was a good idea but I seem to remember being offered a human snack from "the body of Christ" by some Christian guy when I was a child.

Below another child is taught to lust after human flesh by a scary guy in a robe:

Here are some fun facts about the Crusades :
(Look under the Middle ages section)

Reports of cannibalism were also recorded during the First Crusade, as Crusaders fed on the bodies of their dead opponents following the Siege of Ma'arrat al-Numan. It is also possible that the Crusaders staged such incidents as part of psychological warfare. Amin Maalouf also discusses further cannibalism incidents on the march to Jerusalem, and to the efforts made to delete mention of these from western history. The inhabitants of Hungary (which the Crusader marched through to reach the Holy Land ) were also reported to be cannibals , although this was probably false ,as the Hungarians had only converted from paganism to Christianity in the 10th century . In fact , the french word for Hungarian ,'hongre, may be the source of the english word ogre [49] During Europe's Great Famine of 1315–1317 there were many reports of cannibalism among the starving populations. In North Africa, as in Europe, there are references to cannibalism as a last resort in times of famine.[50]