CHEARS! Winchester - Central Hampshire Entertainment, Activity, Recreational & Social !nterest -Meetup group.
If you’re new to the area, just want to make some new friends or to try out different activities, you’re invited to join us at CHEARS!
We were formed in 2012 as a Meetup group for active adults with a positive view of life and varied interest. CHEARS! members are mainly in their 40s, 50s and 60s. With the support of the CHEARS! organisers, event hosts and you as participants, CHEARS! arrange regular events, including walks, meals, theatre trips, pub quizzes, live music and much more. Check out the calendar of varied events scheduled.
We are a voluntary run group and have to pay for the hire of the Meetup web site and subsidised events, for which we charge a modest subscription of £10.00
NEW MEMBERS New members are allowed a 3 month’s trial membership. We will contact new members to remind them to pay and may remove those who have not paid or visited the site in three months.
REJOINERS Previous members rejoining will be required to pay the membership fee of £10.00 immediately.
ANNUAL FEE RENEWAL Membership fees are due in October each year, but new members who join in the period July to October will not be required to pay the renewal subscription until October of the following year. Annual membership payment reminders messages will be sent to all members. Those who have not paid within a month risk having their membership removed.
PAYMENT Payment of fees is by Credit Transfer to: Name: CHEARS Sort code: 40-46-39 Account number 02064189. Please put your name and ‘SUBS’ as a reference so that we can link the payment to you. We do not accept cash.
CANCELLATION You may cancel your membership at any time, however subscription fees are non-refundable.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
By applying for membership of the CHEARS! Meetup Group you confirm your agreement to the following terms:
1. CHEARS! is about meeting and socialising with others. The organisers reserve the right to remove anyone from the group who is pestering other members or using threatening or abusive language.
2. Organisers accept no liability for any injury, loss or damage, howsoever caused, from members attending an event.
3. It is it is advisable not to put personal information such as mobile numbers in comments.
4. Members can message other members privately via the Messages icon -an alert will be seen in the Messages section.
5.To ensure that you get the latest news about events and messages you are advised to turn on your email notification. This can be managed through your profile.
6. The organizers ask members to only sign up for events which they are committed to and to cancel asap if they are no longer able to attend. No shows or late cancellations can cause great inconvenience. Frequent no showers or last-minute cancellers risk having their membership removed.
7. Payments made in advance for events are non-refundable. Members are welcome to sell or pass the place on to another member via the Meetup site JOINING US If you wish to join us please complete your profile with your given name and upload a clear head and shoulders photo without sunglasses so that our organisers can recognise and welcome you to our events, otherwise we may decline your membership.