CHEARS! Winchester - Central Hampshire Entertainment, Activity, Recreational & Social Interest -Meetup group.If you’re new to the area, just want to make some new friends or to try out different activities, you’re invited to join us at CHEARS!
We were formed in 2012 as a Meetup group for active adults with a positive view of life and varied interest. CHEARS! members are mainly in their 40s, 50s and 60s. With the support of the CHEARS! organisers, event hosts and you as participants, CHEARS! arranges regular events, including walks, meals, theatre trips, pub quizzes, book groups, live music and much more. Check out the calendar of varied events scheduled.
We survived lockdown with some great virtual quizzes, book groups and other social events and even increased our membership. Now we're building a full summer programme of walks, garden visits, music events, river cruises and more. Why not join and see for yourself? But please don't add your name unless you're sure you can attend.
(If you're interesting in joining a writing group CHEARS! has a sister Meetup group called Tinklings).
We are a voluntary run group and as we have to pay Meetup fees and a Zoom licence, rather than charge an annual subscription, we ask for a small fee for some events. Details in the event description.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
By applying for membership of the CHEARS! Meetup Group you confirm your agreement to the following terms:
1. CHEARS! is about meeting and socialising with others. The organisers reserve the right to remove anyone from the group who is pestering other members or using threatening or abusive language.
2. Organisers accept no liability for any injury, loss or damage, howsoever caused, from members attending an event.
3. It is it is advisable not to put personal information such as mobile numbers in comments.
4. Members can message other members privately via the Messages icon -an alert will be seen in the Messages section.
5.To ensure that you get the latest news about events and messages you are advised to turn on your email notification. This can be managed through your profile.We (organisers or anyone else in CHEARS!) don't hold your personal email address unless you give it to us. You can personally message members and look out for your own message alerts - a green dot shows on the 'message' bar at the top
6. The organizers ask members to only sign up for events which they are committed to and to cancel asap if they are no longer able to attend. No shows or late cancellations can cause great inconvenience. Frequent no showers or last-minute cancellers risk having their membership removed.
7. Payments made in advance for events are non-refundable. Members are welcome to sell or pass the place on to another member via the Meetup site
If you wish to join us please complete your profile with your given name and A CLEAR HEAD AND SHOULDERS PROFILE PHOTO OF JUST YOURSELF without sunglasses so that our MEMBERS can recognise and welcome you to our events, otherwise we may decline your membership.