CHEARS! Winchester - Central Hampshire Entertainment, Activity, Recreational & Social Interest -Meetup group.
If you’re new to the area, just want to make some new friends or to try out different activities, you’re invited to join us at CHEARS!
At the moment we're running a reduced programme but have had some great virtual quizzes, treasure hunts and a murder mystery. We have started limited walks - and are always looking for new leaders and have a picnic planned.
We were formed in 2012 as a Meetup group for active adults with a positive view of life and varied interest. CHEARS! members are mainly in their 40s, 50s and 60s. With the support of the CHEARS! organisers, event hosts and you as participants, CHEARS! arrange regular events, including walks, meals, theatre trips, pub quizzes, live music and much more. Check out the calendar of varied events scheduled.
We are a voluntary run group and as we have to pay Meetup fees and for a Zoom licence, rather than charge an annual subscription, we are asking for a small fee for events. Details in the event description.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
By applying for membership of the CHEARS! Meetup Group you confirm your agreement to the following terms:
1. CHEARS! is about meeting and socialising with others. The organisers reserve the right to remove anyone from the group who is pestering other members or using threatening or abusive language.
2. Organisers accept no liability for any injury, loss or damage, howsoever caused, from members attending an event.
3. It is it is advisable not to put personal information such as mobile numbers in comments.
4. Members can message other members privately via the Messages icon -an alert will be seen in the Messages section.
5.To ensure that you get the latest news about events and messages you are advised to turn on your email notification. This can be managed through your profile.We (organisers or anyone else in CHEARS!) don't hold your personal email address unless you give it to us. You can personally message members and look out for your own message alerts - a green dot shows on the 'message' bar at the top
6. The organizers ask members to only sign up for events which they are committed to and to cancel asap if they are no longer able to attend. No shows or late cancellations can cause great inconvenience. Frequent no showers or last-minute cancellers risk having their membership removed.
7. Payments made in advance for events are non-refundable. Members are welcome to sell or pass the place on to another member via the Meetup site
If you wish to join us please complete your profile with your given name and upload a clear head and shoulders photo without sunglasses so that our organisers can recognise and welcome you to our events, otherwise we may decline your membership.