This group is for anyone interested in getting together to try out new restaurants. Whether you are a foodie at heart or just want to try new restaurants, it is a way to meet new people or see a friendly face and enjoy a communal dining experience. We are dedicated to introducing our members to Calgary's ever changing, expanding -- and improving -- culinary scene.
Further, we aim to enhance the dining experience by offering the opportunity for participants to experience dining as a communal experience through a menu decided in advance. By offering a set menu, this enables the chef to create a dining experience that we can experience and talk about together.
As a club we are aiming to hold 12-15 events/year, and look forward to building upon this in the years to come.
When you attend these events, you can expect the following:
We will arrive and be seated at the restaurant where we will be served a set menu decided in advance by the restaurant. We will take our time to savor the culinary experience created for us while enjoying sparkling conversation. As we are eating the same things, we can share our immediate experience of the meal with each other.
Or, to put it another way, the 'meat' of our conversation can be conversations about the meat!
1. You will prepay (approximately $50 per person) for your meal which will be for a set menu communicated in advance. There will be little latitude given to accommodate individual preferences, allergies or sensitivities. If there are concerns about what is being served, please contact the Organizer with your specific concerns prior to payment deadline.
2. The deadline for payment will be no later than 4 days prior to the event in order to give the restaurant time to purchase ingredients with a minimum of waste. There will be no last minute additions to this event and, after this deadline, no refunds will be given. If you cannot attend your event, you may contact another member to take your place.
3. The minimum number of participants will be detailed in the event description. If we fail to meet this requirement by the deadline, the event will be cancelled and the member's money will be refunded.
4. Expect to spend 2-3 hours enjoying the evening. It is possible that several courses will be served and absolutely nothing will be rushed.
5. Although your pet is adorable and your sunset exquisite, please include your face in the photo. It is not your pet or your bloom or your sunset that meets us for dinner.