Are you a fit, professional, woman who is looking to take your fitness to the next level? Look no further!
This is a group intended for fit and fierce women in Calgary age 25-45. We want to work together to optimize our fitness in a safe, fun and healthy environment. Our main goal is to develop and expand our network of fit women and develop friendships through common interests in exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
We are excited to accept female members who provide a short introduction about yourself, including previous fitness experience, goals and maybe some ideas around events that you would like to try!
This group is for you if:
- You workout 4 times per week (usually)
- You can comfortably run 5-10km (You don’t HAVE to be runner - more of a suggestion)
- You want to take your fitness to the next level - and have some fun while doing so with a supportive network!
- You have appropriate training apparel, equipment, and would like to attend events (races, etc), and even the occasional road trip!
- You have great ideas for workouts with new training buddies. :)
This group is not for you if:
- Are new to exercise (but we can't wait to meet you when you are ready to join!)
- Are a man!
What we do together:
- Workouts - running, hiking, cycling, climbing, jumping - (what ideas do YOU have?). The goal will be to plan AT LEAST one or two workouts per week.
- Fun/Competitive events: Eg. Spartan Race, Police Half Marathon, Color Me Rad, Banff Wintstart... And more
- Road trips: Ski trips, destination races and more!
**This is not a group where you will be taught or coached, so you should already have a reasonable/good base level of fitness. Some of the founders will definitely be "leading" certain workouts, but feel free to pipe up if you have ideas and want to lead some workouts yourself.
**We are not trying to sell anything here. We just want to meet some new training partners!
**New for 2016 - We will only be able to accommodate 50 people for 2016. The smaller group will save me some money in these lean days! We have never had more than six or seven people attend workouts, so it shouldn’t affect us too much.
Given that the participation in the group is limited, I will be removing members who have not logged in for a few months and have not attended any workouts. It’s not that I don’t want you here, it’s that we have a list of ladies waiting to join! If I do remove you from the group and you want to rejoin, just send me a message or a new request!
Again, I’m just trying to save a bit of money and don’t want to make people pay dues to support the group so I’m trying out this smaller, more affordable option from Meetup. That being said, if any of you would be interested in sharing the leadership and cost of the group, please send me a message. It has been an amazing experience so far.
We hope to see you soon!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members