This group is for people wanting to learn how to do their own hair, or a family members.
The primary focus of this Meetup is to teach workshops in haircare, blowdrying & curling, braiding, undo's, and clippering to it's members.
All skills are welcome!
Good eye-hand coordination is essential for success.
WHO TEACHES THE WORKSHOPS?
All workshops will be taught by Kelly, a fully licensed professional hairstylist with years of experience in hair and education.
IS THERE A FEE?
Yes, all workshops will have a fee, and will vary in price. Fees cover the costs of running the workshop. Please read the policies below before signing up for a workshop.
Participants may need to purchase supplies, or equipment. A supply and equipment list will be included in each workshop's posting.
HOW DO I PAY?
Workshops are paid through PayPal.
Some workshops require a model to work on. Models must be a mature teen or adult. No children under the age of 12 years of age may attend as a model unless specified in the workshop's outline.
POLICIES: Please read all policies before signing up for a workshop - Thank you
• All workshops will have a minimum head count to run. Typically the head count will be 6 people, however this is not an absolute. If a head count is not met, the workshop might be cancelled.
• All workshop fees must be paid in full to be a participant in a workshop. Fees are due two weeks prior to the offered workshop.
• After the two weeks prior to the offered workshop, workshop fees are non-refundable. You may send another member to the workshop in place of yourself should you not be able to attend after the two weeks cut off.
• Yes! stuff happens. Please contact Kelly should you need assistance with any of the above.
• All refunds will have an adminstration fee deducted from your payment set forth by PayPal. Although this fee can change without notice from PayPal, as of now, it is 2.9% of the workshop fee + 30 cents per transaction. Here is an example: 40.00 workshop, 38.84 will be retuned.
• Each person learns differently, and has different abilities and skillsets therefore the learning outcome for each person will vary. Calgary Non-professional Hairstyling Meetup teaches fundamentals not outcomes.
• Members are not to promote or sell any other products or services within this meet up. Should a member attempt to do do so, they will be removed.
• Some supplies and equipment may be purchased through this meet up. The benefit of our supplies and equipment is they will be professional grade, meaning a higher quality. Please send Kelly a message if this interests you.
Thank you for your interest in Calgary Non-professional Hairstyling Meetup!
Along with learning, each workshop with be fun and interactive!
HOME PARTY: I am available to teach a 2 hour class on braiding, updo's or blow drying on April 27 ( & other dates) at any time of the day. Cost is free to those who host. If you are interested please message me and we can arrange the details.