Hike: Grinnell Glacier Trail- The Trailhead is located at Many Glacier Hotel Boat Dock
Where: Glacier National Park, Montana
When: Friday August 9, 2013
Who: 8 people
Distance: 18.0 km return
Elevation: Total elevation 1840 feet
Safety: Weather, bears
Equipment: To be discussed at the meeting
Required: First aid kit, backpacking boots
READ THE ENTIRE WRITE-UP BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THIS TRIP!!!
This trip has a manual wait list
We will be leaving Calgary on Thursday August 8 by 4pm to Travel to Montana’s Glacier National Park, so please be gassed up, feed, and ready to leave. We will be car camping at St Mary’s Campground. You must book your own site if you wish to come. Please contact the organizer for details of where they have booked their campsite.
It is the your responsibility to make sure you have acquired all necessary equipment, clothing, and food for this trip. All outdoor activities involve a certain degree of risk, so it is up to you to be prepared, resilient, self-reliant, responsible, cautious, and aware of surrounding hazards. As well, mountain weather can be unpredictable, so be prepared for unforeseen changes. For safety reasons, if you show up for this event unprepared or with inappropriate clothing and or gear you will not be permitted to continue on the trip. Organizers are not guides.
If renting gear please make sure it works and all parts are there.
· We are leaving Canada for this event, so you will be required to have a valid passport and documentation. Any difficulties experienced at the boarder are beyond the scope of the event host’s responsibilities. You will be required to take care of boarder issues on your own.
· The Organizers will be hand picking who is on the trips due to it being an out of country trip.
· For safety and financial reasons for out of country events I require members to acquire backcountry travel insurance. Most insurance travel plans do not cover backcountry travel in other countries. MEC offers reasonably price insurance through Co-operators by calling 1 (800)[masked].
· If tenting please contact another member on the trip to share a tent. If you do not wish to share a tent with another member please indicate your intent and include one guest to your RRSP.
· Each individualneeds to obtain a reservation for the St Mary’s Campsite and a park pass for each vehicle will also be required.
· Trip members will be responsible for setting up their own car-pooling prior to the trip start date.
MANDATORY PRE-TRIP MEETING: TBA
At the pre-meeting all required permits and or reservations need to be presented to the trip organizer, or you risk being removed from the trip. Any fees incurred by the group leader for your participation in the trip must be paid in full by this date. Fees paid by the group leader will be non- refundable and non-transferable (this trip involves commitment).
If there are any questions I can be contacted at [masked]
Depending on Weather and Trail Conditions when we arrive at the Park the day’s hike may need to be changed. Please be prepared for this and flexible around any changes.
PLEASE READ CORA RULES OF CONDUCT